Author Topic: Diary > Friday, 3rd April  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday, 3rd April
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 April 20 23:27 BST (UK) »
Lazy start this  morning - eventually OH decided to go outside and trim some more bushes and potter in his shed....

Right I thought strip the beds get the washing on and clean the house whilst he's outside... usually do it when he's playing golf as I like the house to myself!

We had a late lunch sitting in the conservatory watching the blackbirds today flicking up all the compost we had carefully filled the flower beds with all over the patio....

Back to the hoovering OH back outside...

Neighbour delivered some milk which means I can last until Monday and then shop so by then I won't have been out fir two weeks!

BBQ brought down from the shed as Sunday looks to be a nice day so we'll have a lunch time one..... when we uncovered it dreading seeing the state it might be in we both laughed with relief that we'd actually had the forethought to clean it thoroughly before putting it away last year so it will just need a quick wash down.

Daughter messaged to say we'll have a Zoom with them all over the w/e and they were having one tonight with 4 sets of friends over drinks to swap stories of their week coping with children and work!

All chores finished, shower hair wash and dinner, then some tv.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 April 20 02:54 BST (UK) »
April weather, showery & sunny intervals, cool breeze. Wore winter showerproof coat for short walk. Met a friend out with her dog. Canine minds don't understand "social distancing".
Intended to buy milk from little shop but too many customers (4?) in cramped space so I didn't go in. My usual, even littler shop closed this week, hopefully temporarily.
Late afternoon - to hospital. The person in charge of hand sanitiser should have started a real job this week in a hotel. 2  patients wearing masks entered my waiting area . There is tape on the floor around the 4 equidistant chairs in the waiting room. A radiographer cleaned 2 vacant chairs while I was there. Radiographers wearing masks today. Different pair of young women from yesterday, a blonde head with a mask and a dark head with a mask. If they were both blonde I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.
Managed to get milk from wee shop on way home without anyone breathing in my direction. Noticed bread shelf was full.
 Walked home, meeting another friend out with dog. Shopping bag sniffed by dog. There is guidance online about safely walking one's own or other people's dog during the pandemic.
Arrived home, washed hands, put shopping away. Didn't wash shopping bag or contents. Washed hands, changed clothes. Ate & drank.
Cowban

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 April 20 10:10 BST (UK) »
Had a bad day today, 01/04 ordered flowers to be delivered to my bereaved sister in law on Friday 03/04, her husband died last  Saturday, ( I dreamt he died the night before) a mix up with company and they were delivered to my house and not hers, not best pleased so my husband and I decided we would drive some 20 miles each way to deliver the flowers, left them on her doorstep, rang her bell and walked to the end of a path where we conducted our conversation, on the way home we saw 2 police cars together, I joked with my husband if we were stopped we would have one each, got home safely and I must say it was  a pleasant drive
On returning home about 5.30, the company who I ordered the flowers from sent an email,  couldn't find my order, got news for them, they had arrived
My sister in law rang late to say thank you, having asked what the flowers were like, she wasn't at all happy, she said they looked as if they were delivered to me the day before and kept here overnight, I am sorry I asked, so I wasn't at all happy.
So Friday 3rd, was not a very good day for me

Saturday 4th, lovely sunny day, washing going out and I am going for the walk I am allowed each day, so, hopefully a better day for me and for everyone else

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 April 20 13:21 BST (UK) »
Catching up for Friday 3rd April.

Stepson came to collect various items which he needs whilst he's staying with his girlfriend - we we're careful in self-distancing, with gloves, scarves and anti-bac wipes all over everything and I was much further away from him (who has no symptoms, neither do I) than the recommended 2 m.

off to very lovely walk where the larks were singing and everyone I met was very jovial, keeping well away (either beckoning me through, or thanking me for letting them pass), 3.8miles.

More family history research going on too.

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 04 April 20 19:21 BST (UK) »
A catching up one for me too. Pretty much Same Old Same Old. Did a bit of clearing out and tidying in the garage, the rest of it would probably take a much longer lockdown! Hope that doesn't happen, I'd rather put up with a messy garage.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 April 20 20:01 BST (UK) »
Daily routine runs about like today's.

Up 5 a.m. breakfast then short drive to old railway (tracks removed for exercise with disabled grandchild and my wife. Walked 200 yards away from road then while my wife held our granddaughter up I paced out 32 yards with wheelchair left it & return to wife & granddaughter. My wife & I supported our granddaughter between us as she walked to the wheelchair and had a rest in it while we pushed her another 200 yards, repeated this a further 4 times where we then turned round and repeated the walk/push a further 5 times giving her a  a total walk of 320 yards, then pushed her back to the car.
We were passed by 1 person on a bike the whole outing.

Back home worked and relaxed on computer until lunch and for an hour after. 2.30 time for granddaughter's physio exercises to stretch her hamstrings, calf stretch, hip rotation, hip flexors stretch, etc. these take about an hour to complete (normally physio would be done twice a week at school but now I have a planned group of exercises to carry out each day).
Chill out and watch news on TV etc until tea time.
Granddaughter goes to bed about 8.30, wife sees to her and they have girlie time together watching tv in her bedroom upstairs and granddaughter talks about anything she has on her mind during this time.
This is when I catch up with family history etc.

Bed about 10.30/11 Repeat routine tomorrow.

I normally shop about once a week leaving wife and granddaughter at home.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 04 April 20 20:28 BST (UK) »
I went out this morning avoiding people, at that time they were being sensible, on the way back I was passed on the pavement by a man racing his son/ grandson  on a bike, I was very lucky I wasn't knocked over, he was far to close, I saw the house he went into, I just wished I had the courage to have a word with him, the consequences  I can't think about

Other than that  it has been a nice day

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 04 April 20 20:35 BST (UK) »
People: There is a separate thread for Saturday ;D ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 05 April 20 11:51 BST (UK) »

Chill out and watch news on TV etc until tea time.

Watching, listening or reading news doesn't come into my "chill out" category.

P.S. to my diary entry. Listened (twice) to final episode of "The Mirror and the Light", the last book in Hilary Mantel's Thomas Cromwell trilogy on Radio 4. Read by Anton Lessor.
Cowban