Author Topic: Funerals, COMPLETED WITH THANKS  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Funerals
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 April 20 19:55 BST (UK) »
At the moment the bereaved will have difficulty in showing their respects to their loved ones ,  apparently only very few can  attend a funeral, a friend of  an  ex colleague stood at the roadside with the appropriate footage between them when the hearse passed by, I thought it a very nice gesture,

I have had 2  family deaths within the last week,  whether we will be able to attend the funerals  I do not know as yet, probable not, neither  death was from Corona virus but nevertheless very sad

Louisa Maud

The legalities are you may

"(g)to attend a funeral of—

(i)a member of the person’s household,

(ii)a close family member, or

(iii)if no-one within sub-paragraphs (i) or (ii) are attending, a friend;"

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Funerals
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 April 20 20:00 BST (UK) »
I hope they have the committal at least

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Funerals, COMPLETED WITH THANKS
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 April 20 13:58 BST (UK) »
You've marked thread complete Louisa Maud and we have discussed subject on another TOT topic recently, I just wanted to extend condolences again in you bereavement of another family member, I've just read here that there is a 2nd one ( hug )

Going by the notices in our paper I check regularly on line, many are choosing very private funerals and advising cremations have already taken place or similar and some advise a service will take place at a later date. Funeral directors offer to video stream as well, we've used that option in the past when family distanced by locality and unable to attend. There is some clarification of what is allowed since lockdown in our NZ Covid 19 information on line in relation to ethic and religious needs. Family members from one isolation bubble are permitted to a viewing if deceased was in the same bubble and may be split into 2 sessions if space doesn't allow personal distancing, also one bubble group can attend funeral if travel method doesn't include a driver not in group. A bit complicated but pretty much as Guy has expressed in the legalities previous post.

At a time of grief must be such a difficult ask for families wanting to pay respect and support each other physically as well as emotionally, so very sad.

Kind regards, mare

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Funerals, COMPLETED WITH THANKS
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 April 20 14:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mare, I am sure my brother in law won't have a funeral as such, it most likely would have been a humanist service, what I would like to do at the time of the funeral is to perhaps go somewhere quite with my husband and just think, we have some lovely memories of him, hopefully there will be a get together later to celebrate his life of 81 years
My cousin  think will have some sort of service later for his wife, she would have had a full Roman Catholic Mass.

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London