Author Topic: Can't get Into My Hotmail Account  (Read 845 times)

Offline hettyhen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Can't get Into My Hotmail Account
« on: Monday 06 April 20 08:57 BST (UK) »
A couple of days ago when I tried to log into my Hotmail Account, on the desktop computer, all I could get was the little blue circle going round and round. Looked on Google, reset the password in case that was the problem, all to no avail, the little blue circle just keeps on going.  On my lap top there is no problem. 
Any help, in lay persons terms, would be much appreciated.
 Cheers
HeatherR.
Lanarkshire=Robertson-Ross-Russell-Neilson.
Staffordshire= Harrison-Jackson-Round
London=Poswillo-Hyams-Karby-Dossett-Baram-Detloff-Hyman
Gibralter=Poswillo
Dorset= Attwooll-Read-Northover
Australia=Karby-Meyer

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get Into My Hotmail Account
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 April 20 20:39 BST (UK) »
What web browser do you use and have you tried using a different one, so if you use Firefox try seeing if it will work Google Chrome.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 April 20 21:23 BST (UK) »
Usually when a web site's computer server is being heavily used you go into a queue with a rotating symbol.  I'm confused that you could go through Google and why and how you changed your password.   I use Mozilla Thunderbird which is called a Downloading Mail CLIENT and it's set to go to my gmail account every 10 minutes and download new emails to my pc. That way, whenever gmail's servers are super busy, I don't have to keep trying to login.   Every now and then I go direct to gmail just in case they have blocked some dodgy emails.
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline hettyhen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 02:41 BST (UK) »
Ian and Alan b
Thank you for your replies. The reason I tried Google before posting on Rootschat, was that there are usually lots of solutions to any problem, just picking the correct one is the hard part.
My niece got one of her computer friends to ring and he helped me navigate through to a fix so I can now get into Hotmail again.
Cheers
HeatherR
Lanarkshire=Robertson-Ross-Russell-Neilson.
Staffordshire= Harrison-Jackson-Round
London=Poswillo-Hyams-Karby-Dossett-Baram-Detloff-Hyman
Gibralter=Poswillo
Dorset= Attwooll-Read-Northover
Australia=Karby-Meyer