Author Topic: Banwells in Petworth  (Read 441 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Banwells in Petworth
« on: Tuesday 07 April 20 17:24 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am hoping someone might be able to help me trace Mary Banwell who was probably born between 1600 and 1615.

Mary married Richard Brinkwell at Petworth in 1631 and her children were born between 1632 and 1644. Richard himself was from Petworth so I suspect that Mary may have been from there as well but so far I haven't seen any references to the name Banwell.

Many Thanks
Matt

Offline MartinGM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Banwells in Petworth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 April 22 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt,
2 years since you asked - I hope you see this !
Mary's surname is uncertain - in the marriage register her name is smudged ! It looks like Bomwell or Bamwell.
Anyway, she married Richard Brinkwell on 28 Jul 1631 in Petworth. They had two daughters - Katherine and Mary (my ancestor). Sadly, both Mary (the mother) and Richard died young when Mary was only 8. Mary died first on 13 Feb 1637/8 and Richard on 16 April in the same year. His will asks his overseers to look after his daughters. Our best surmise is that they died in a Typhoid epidemic, of which there is some evidence.
We haven't found Mary's birth.
I have found Richard's father and grandfather (both William) and their wives, and have their wills too.

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 April 22 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt,
2 years since you asked - I hope you see this !
Mary's surname is uncertain - in the marriage register her name is smudged ! It looks like Bomwell or Bamwell.
Anyway, she married Richard Brinkwell on 28 Jul 1631 in Petworth. They had two daughters - Katherine and Mary (my ancestor). Sadly, both Mary (the mother) and Richard died young when Mary was only 8. Mary died first on 13 Feb 1637/8 and Richard on 16 April in the same year. His will asks his overseers to look after his daughters. Our best surmise is that they died in a Typhoid epidemic, of which there is some evidence.
We haven't found Mary's birth.
I have found Richard's father and grandfather (both William) and their wives, and have their wills too.

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes it's been a while since I looked at the Brinkwell and Bandwell families. I would be very interested in hearing about any details you can tell me.

Drop me a pm and we can chat about the families via email.

Best Wishes
Matt

Offline MartinGM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 April 22 22:30 BST (UK) »
Um . . . how do I do a PM ini RootsChat ??