Author Topic: The restrictions due to coronavirus  (Read 433 times)

Offline PtE

• RootsChat Member
  • In knowledge lies wisdom
    • View Profile
The restrictions due to coronavirus
« on: Wednesday 08 April 20 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

These are just a few words about my experience today attending a funeral of a special cousin. She wasn't a covid 19 victim, but had died on the 29th February from longstanding health problems. That was typical of her to be awkward as we can only remember her death once every four years!
Anyway, as you are aware, there are restrictions involving funerals, but I have to say things couldn't have turned out better. We had a beautiful day to start with, and although many of "cousins" end of life plans had to be curtailed, one thing that she did request was a white carriage drawn by four white horses, and they arrived complete with bright red plumes on their heads as red was her favourite colour. The handful of mourners walked behind the carriage to the cemetery which is in a lovely area of south east Kent, and the service was held beside the grave to the accompiament of Cliff Richard singing "Constantly " and "Amazing Grace". There was even a pheasant which kept joining in plus a few rabbits scampering about in the background. I know we are all in difficult times, but this experience today shows that we can make the best of trying circumstances and even look back and think to ourselves that our loved ones had a lovely send off.
Stay safe everyone

PtE
Bellingham Kent
Hope Kent
Love Kent
Simmons Kent
Bridgland Kent
Beslee Kent
Patterson Kent
Knott Kent

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: The restrictions due to coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 19:22 BST (UK) »
When I started reading this I thought it was going to be an account of a remote and impersonal funeral as a result of the current restrictions. How refreshing to read of your experience, it must have been a great comfort to you to know that although limited, she had the funeral she had asked for.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The restrictions due to coronavirus
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 19:27 BST (UK) »
Yes, Roobarb, it sounds really uplifting , and it hopefully will have help those who were allowed to attend.
Thanks for sharing PtE.
Viktoria.