Author Topic: Stay Home Stay Safe (Part 9)  (Read 11856 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stay Home Stay Safe (Part 9)
« on: Wednesday 08 April 20 10:24 BST (UK) »
Just caught on TV,  backlash now things are easing up inChina.
Reactions against the traditional “ medicine”,and the markets that sell animals for food, slaughtered on the spot in front of your very eyes.
The camera just got a shot inside and there in a cage ,far too  small but a cage anyway was a dog !
It seems now many people are re thinking this, so if the Chinese themselves are now aware then what people said at the start but  were  shot down for  saying it may have more than a grain of truth in it.

I would hate an idiot like Donald Trump to be right ,but it seems there is more than a passing chance he will be., - by chance !
The main thing is China itself seems to have realised.
Too late now but if the horrendous trade in animals in China is halted then some good will have come out of this, not only for the animals but possibly 
 so no other virus of this nature can cause another pandemic.
As usual I caught the end of the article and hope to get more info later .
Viktoria.

Moderator Comment:
Topic carried on from here:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=828223.0

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 9 - Lockdown)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 10:46 BST (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 15:03 BST (UK) »

By the way, are you ready for tonight's (pink) super moon?.
 :)

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=828408.msg6926864#msg6926864

Moon walk

I awoke about four this morning, saw my kitchen was lit up and thought I'd left the kitchen light on last night.

Walked into the kitchen, the electric light wasn't on but the extremely bright, large, full moon was shining directly into the room
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 15:21 BST (UK) »
I missed it last night so am glad I have another chance to see it.

Viktoria.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 15:53 BST (UK) »
Just caught on TV,  backlash now things are easing up inChina.
Reactions against the traditional “ medicine”,and the markets that sell animals for food, slaughtered on the spot in front of your very eyes.
The camera just got a shot inside and there in a cage ,far too  small but a cage anyway was a dog !
It seems now many people are re thinking this, so if the Chinese themselves are now aware then what people said at the start but  were  shot down for  saying it may have more than a grain of truth in it.

Viktoria.

I fervently hope that the Chinese change their attitude to medicines using bits of animals as the cure all.

I think that that country was closed off when the UK experienced BSE in cattle = Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), commonly known as "mad cow disease".

This was caused by UK cattle feed companies importing from India and which included old bones, could be either animal or human (ground up) and leather found along the banks of the River Ganges. We now know this is where the disease eminated.  As we all know the Ganges is far from the cleanest river and carries the bodies of the dead. 
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 16:24 BST (UK) »
The moon was lovely, a rare and precious thing in the present uncertainty.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 17:52 BST (UK) »

By the way, are you ready for tonight's (pink) super moon?.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=828408.msg6926864#msg6926864

Moon walk

Hi Gadget

I love your moon picture too  :)  :D Thank you
 ----------
This afternoon - Boris Johnson is sat up and engaging with his Medical Team.

Take care all, Mark

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 17:55 BST (UK) »
Heard in today's IoM Press Briefing that we should be gettingour own test centre on stream next week.
Currently, all tests have to be sent to UK.

Tests back so far: 1541
Tests awaiting results: 283
Confirmed cases: 158
Presumed recovered: 82  (That's a WHO benchmark!)
Hospital admissions: 7
Plus another 22 in hospital waiting for results.
Still just the 1 death.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 19:43 BST (UK) »
So much for me seeing the super moon. I was fast asleep at the time it was said to be at its best. Maybe tomorrow morning, if I can wake early.

Just a thought (ouch). Since "social distancing" was introduced I have seen reporters interviewing people on the television with their microphones  on extension poles, thus enabling the interviewer and interviewee to be at least 6' plus apart. However, the microphone is usually with a few of feet of the interviewee and held at around thigh(ish) height.
It occurred to me that the microphone is not "socially distanced" and may possibly be contaminated with saliva spray from the interviewee, especially the furry cover they sometimes use. What happens when the interview is over and the technicians have to deal with the equipment?
Just a thought.
Nearly forgot - here in Wales "lockdown" has already been extended by the Welsh government.
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".