Author Topic: When this is over, I can't wait for/to...  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: When this is over, I can't wait for/to...
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 April 20 23:31 BST (UK) »
Having Sunday lunch with Son and Grandchildren or a barbecue with them at ours. Going to stay with Daughter and Grandchildren who live further away, and having a meal together and stargazing with a glass of wine in their hot tub. They both live out of town.
Going away in the caravan, two breaks have been cancelled, Easter at St. Neots and a 1940s week-end in Woodhall Spa  :-\
Having a good old natter with my Sister and my volunteer work at Heritage Centre.
Oh and a visit to the hairdressers.
But, we count ourselves lucky that that the moment, non of our Family and friends have been affected by Covid-19 up to now, fingers crossed that it stays that way.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 10 April 20 19:21 BST (UK) »
I can't wait until I can walk outside our house without feeling guilty.

Why do I keep asking myself these sorts of questions?  When I went to the shop for a loaf of bread, was that my exercise for the day or can I have another walk?  How far can I drive to do my shopping?  Is it acceptable that I drive past four supermarkets to get to my regular one?  Why do I have to go to work for one day per month - can't they wait until this is all over?

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 April 20 20:09 BST (UK) »
I can't wait until I can walk outside our house without feeling guilty.

Why do I keep asking myself these sorts of questions?  When I went to the shop for a loaf of bread, was that my exercise for the day or can I have another walk?  How far can I drive to do my shopping?  Is it acceptable that I drive past four supermarkets to get to my regular one?  Why do I have to go to work for one day per month - can't they wait until this is all over?

Rishile

You appear to be over-stressing. Chill out. Worry is the negative form of thought and isn't good for you!. However keep safe and in Welsh - cadwch yn saff.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 April 20 22:13 BST (UK) »
I have tried to forward the picture but can’t do it so  I will  have to just tell you:-
       Free To Good Home.
            BorderCollie.
         Not house trained.
       Dangerous with children.
        Will not walk on the lead!
In fact a nasty little ———-!

Then the photograph ,it is a badger!

It was sent to me and did make me laugh .
Viktoria.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 April 20 07:51 BST (UK) »
Two pints of Guinness!  ;D

Skoosh.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 11 April 20 08:04 BST (UK) »
Sit on my favourite bench in my own backyard because I choose to, instead of sitting on my favourite bench in my own backyard because the rules say to stay at home. 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 11 April 20 09:29 BST (UK) »
Obviously meeting up with family and friends again. Collecting the big hug that my 14 year old grandson has promised me - will make sure he keeps his word even if he towers above me.

Then just the simple things in life that we took for granted before lockdown. Being able to do what we want when we want without having to think about it first.

It will be worth the sacrifice if we can all come through this safely.

Take care,

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 11 April 20 17:17 BST (UK) »
I can't wait to meet up in real time/place with family and friends I've known for so many years ... and hope that they're all still there.
I can't wait to get into the car and go somewhere ... anywhere.
I can't wait to go to a theatre or opera, complete with a drink and chat in the bar.
I can't wait to simply stroll somewhere, for no good reason...
I can't wait for a news broadcast that needs to make no mention at all of Coronavirus /Corvil19 or whatever it's name is next.
I can't wait ... but we have to.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 11 April 20 18:42 BST (UK) »
They are saying in the uk, please can we book staycations when this is all over to help the tourism industry rather than go abroad. I'd head to Cornwall if I could , though suspect it might be a tad full later this year!
North East of England