Author Topic: When this is over, I can't wait for/to...  (Read 3248 times)

Offline jim234j

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: When this is over, I can't wait for/to...
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 11 April 20 18:45 BST (UK) »
Greetings from Canada.

I miss my grandchildren and family and friends.  They are the first ones I cant wait to see except from a distance.

My second is going to go a local restaurant near us if they survived and have a lunch.

My third is to stay in a hotel downtown in Winnipeg the city I live in and wander through the stores and support our local economy.

Everyone keep safe for now and the best to everyone

Offline tjugg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bosun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 11 April 20 19:10 BST (UK) »
See grandchildren/and our sons and partners
Go shopping for something other than food
Get my front tooth sorted out  daughter in law said I looked like their 5 year old No tooth fairy in this house!
Fish and chips on the beach and a pint in the pub
Blunden Dorset and Surrey
Rayner Suffolk and Sussex
Norris and Wellman Dorset
Wheatley Yorkshire and Suffolk

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 11 April 20 22:25 BST (UK) »
.......to go back to work and hear the noise 1800 students make in our school it's so quiet being at home. We are open for keyworker children but numbers are low and we are in rotas. The last couple of days we were open were hard seeing so many tears from our 6th formers as they came to grip with the cancellation of their A levels. Then saying goodbye to year 11, again with no exams to take.....my own son included.
 For some normality .........for a better world.

Stay safe everyone.

Tazzie.
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 11 April 20 22:35 BST (UK) »
.......to go back to work and hear the noise 1800 students make in our school it's so quiet being at home. We are open for keyworker children but numbers are low and we are in rotas. The last couple of days we were open were hard seeing so many tears from our 6th formers as they came to grip with the cancellation of their A levels. Then saying goodbye to year 11, again with no exams to take.....my own son included.
 For some normality .........for a better world.

Stay safe everyone.

Tazzie.

I feel so sorry for those 6th formers and year 11 who have worked so hard for GCSEs and A levels. I know they will get marks based on mocks and teacher assessments, but it isn't really the same is it? If schools are closed, I don't see why at least A level students weren't allowed in to take exams - they could have been well spaced throughout the school. Not really any different to having key worker's children in.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 11 April 20 22:40 BST (UK) »
I agree with you wholeheartedly Jan  :-\

I will also look forward to coming onto RootsChat without seeing several different Corona Virus related topics!

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU