Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 9th April  (Read 1126 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Diary > Thursday 9th April
« on: Thursday 09 April 20 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hello!

An overcast start first thing, becoming bright soon after. The clouds were having a lie-in this morning.

Sarah is up and around dressed like a Land Girl. Looks great! Dig for Victory!

My mother rang at 10am asking if it was me that had sent her the Hotel Chocolat chocolates. She didn't believe me at first. She'd told us that she really craved chocolates a few days ago. I knew that she would have told the same story to my other three siblings. Two of them fell for it, so she got sent this box of chocolates from my older brother (I guess), and an Easter Egg from my younger brother. Ha!

She's now saying she's finished her book... so no doubt she'll be sent a few of them after her hints!

I had a lot of fun talking to Mam today, she really made me laugh.

Had a good read of my newspaper subscription. Useless with the crossword today.

I read the letter (that arrived yesterday) from Boris Johnson telling us we must all stay at home apart from the exceptions given. It's hard to think that when the letter was drafted, he nor anybody would have imagined he would be in intensive care because of this plague. I hope he gets on the mend soon.

Noodles for lunch.

Going for our walk in a bit.

Salad with a poached smoked haddock for tea I think.

Enjoy your day!
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 9th April
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 April 20 14:22 BST (UK) »
I seem to have exceeded myself before lunch today, I have more energy AM than PM, so I washed my car, tidied up the front garden and laid more topsoil,    did a bit gardening, hung out clothes and had lunch, oh yes and a few emails, what next?, well having been outside I ought to do a few jobs inside, sometimes days seem very long and I have been packing a lot into a day, well had better press on, more jobs to do, never a dull moment

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 April 20 15:20 BST (UK) »
Up promptly to get out & do some weeding before the sun hits the garden (I have Sjogren's Syndrome & can get sunburnt even in the time it takes to hang out washing - been there, done that!)

Tried to keep out of Mr Stoney's way as he begins ringing round people in his Aunt's phone book to inform them of her death (Monday), plus calls regarding death registration which can't be done in person at the moment!
 Meanwhile the conservatory resembles a corner of Steptoe's yard, piled up with all her belongings which we collected from her care home yesterday - can't face going through it all just now.

A nice walk with our resident house-guest-for-the-duration (Miss Stoney) and now sitting down with a cuppa, a hot cross bun & an episode of countdown! (.....and my knitting, of course! ;D)

Stoney
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 April 20 15:24 BST (UK) »
Stoney
My sister in law has managed to arrange a telephone call from the registrar to register her husbands death , it might have something to do with having a coroners report, it is difficult right now for the bereaved sadly

Louisa Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 April 20 15:44 BST (UK) »
At laaaaaaassssssssssssssst!  I can have a shower!  I now have a waterproof dressing on my leg, and so can revert to showering instead of a "rub down with an oily rag"  which I've had to do for the past fortnight  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 April 20 15:49 BST (UK) »
Stoney
My sister in law has managed to arrange a telephone call from the registrar to register her husbands death , it might have something to do with having a coroners report, it is difficult right now for the bereaved sadly

Louisa Maud

As I understand it, the bereavement office at the hospital were going to contact the Registrar to send the Cause of Death certificate electronically. We are waiting for them to contact us so hubby can suply all tge required info so a formal Death Certificate can be issued.  The funeral is organised up to a point - 5 mourners maximum, so that's me, hubby & daughter - no-one else can travel. Aunt's sister (Mr Stoney's Mum) lives in same care home but not allowed to attend due to lockdown restrictions.

Quite a sad end, but we will be able to livestream the service so family here & abroad can watch online.

Stoney
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 April 20 15:52 BST (UK) »
In fact I had 2 deaths within the family in 3 days, I know one will have celebration much later, not sure about my sister in law though but it will be very sad for my husband and I if we don't have closure, but we have some really good memories of my brother in law

Louisa Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 April 20 15:57 BST (UK) »
A great achievement from a young lad!!  Good luck to him  ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-52227352
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 April 20 16:31 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

My diary entry for today reads like this:  I awoke very early indeed to loud traffic noise, and I'm still not sure why.... who was going where and so early!  However, in the garden the birds were going mad with song for the dawn chorus - very nice, but after about 15 mins all had gone quiet as light had well and truly arrived (6am).

An early grocery delivery arrived for our neighbour - who has somehow managed to continue to have her shopping delivered. I plan to brave the shops after breakfast.

I am trying to take a walk around my local park every day now, and try and do this after I'm up washed and have had breakfast.  Not too busy, many dog walkers.  All doing evasive manoeuvres in order not come too close.  One of the 'friends' of the park was doing some maintenance so I shouted a cheery 'hello' to him.

On my  return home I managed to get some washing on, so that I could hang it out whilst I know the weather is fine.  I also managed a trip to M&S in order to get some food in for the (very) long Easter weekend.  Yet again the food costs are very dear.  However, at least the shop assistants are kindly and cheerful unlike my usual 'major' supermarket chain. I managed to get some eggs and some more tangerines which are a great favourite in our house.

We're thinking chicken wraps for tea tonight.

Mr CD continues to grow his beard which he started when lockdown was declared.  :-X

Stay safe!
CD