Author Topic: Fanny Shearsmith of Hedon - E.Yorks.  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fanny Shearsmith of Hedon - E.Yorks.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 April 20 19:08 BST (UK) »
Look the same to me.

Thanks for that Jim  :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 April 20 19:14 BST (UK) »
I'm glad it's not just me Jim, I've added some too!!
Here's my version
Pat

Thank you Pat, that's lovely, great colours.

Do either of you think that you have seen the lady who is wearing glasses, on here in the past?

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 April 20 19:16 BST (UK) »
Gave it a go.
Now it might be just me but the girl on the left doesn't appear to have lower limbs.
I've lightened it but still can't see them.
So I've added some where I think they should be.

I would have reached the same conclusion too...lovely fresh colours, nice job Jim. Thanks you.

Carol

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 April 20 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, yes she does look familiar, but don't know where I've seen her. It could be that it is a standard photo, white blouse with high neck, hair as worn by every woman at  the time, not much choice in glasses, it is difficult to say.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline DanNC

• RootsChat Member
  • William Day (1834-1902)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 April 20 21:28 BST (UK) »
I did more coloring than tidying, but it's Friday and (insert excuse here)   ;D

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 10 April 20 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, carol. Not the same girl but this recent one has a similar look about her, perhaps sparking the feeling of familiarity?https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=826677.0
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 10 April 20 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, yes she does look familiar, but don't know where I've seen her. It could be that it is a standard photo, white blouse with high neck, hair as worn by every woman at  the time, not much choice in glasses, it is difficult to say.
Pat

Yes I know what you mean, I just seem to remember doing a restore of a lady that looked the same.

Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 April 20 23:01 BST (UK) »
I did more coloring than tidying, but it's Friday and (insert excuse here)   ;D

I really that the simplicity of that one Dan, thanks for the work you have done.

Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 10 April 20 23:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, carol. Not the same girl but this recent one has a similar look about her, perhaps sparking the feeling of familiarity?https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=826677.0
Peter

Yes Peter I see the similarity but the one that I remember, I think was on her own but thank you for looking.

Carol