Author Topic: Diary > Friday 10th April  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 10th April
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 April 20 23:29 BST (UK) »
Firstly sorry to hear you have lost someone else in your family Louisa it must be very difficult at this time too..

Roobarb, you know there is always someone on RC to chat to although I know it's not the same as hearing a human voice... hope the good weather tomorrow will cheer your soul a little more what ever part of the country you're in.

My day started with a few whatsapp'S with friends and as I'd not been able to make an Easter card for my grandsons I decided to send them an ecard of little chicks hatching..

Breakfast as usual, quick look at the news, conversation by phone with a neighbour then it was getting sorted to do my Yogalates exercises...
Daughter sends some pcs of them all out on their bikes exercising and suggests we have a Zoom...

Did my exercises, had lunch then daughter zoomed us. Boys had been delighted with the ecard and had sent us a thankyou which was lovely.
We spent nearly two hours chatting to them watching them playing in the garden making a jungle scene from the cardboard box that the youngest ones bike had come in... nothing thrown away in that house... good job as it happens! We chatted with them all, boys kept coming to show us this that and the other.....
felt happy and sad as they always come to us on Good Friday and stay for Easter... I decorate their room and the living room with little surprises for them and make them each a special Easter egg hunt bag, so we're really missing them... but we're so lucky to be able to see them online, talk to them and be part of their day...

Said I'd send them another card for tomorrow.... more chicks please grandma! No pressure there then!

Decided we'd have a walk over the fields.... can't believe the number of cars going along the top of our road... worse than usual.... where are they all going! Lovely walk, clear blue skies, birds tweeting, what more could we want.... less people is the answer.. two cars parked today with those not from the area who'd driven out to walk their dogs!

As it's Goid Friday we had hot cross buns and a cup of tea when we got home and listened to the daily briefing... good news to hear Boris is now back on a ward and had a little walk... got very frustrated with the questions being asked by journalists so went and had a shower to cool off...

OH went outside to BBQ and we ate indoors...

Another day passes.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 April 20 09:17 BST (UK) »
Friday 10 April

Finished nightshift.  Called at M&S for shopping.  With my staff blue badge was given a free Easter egg! Last week they gave me free minature roses!  :)

Got my second connection bus home without too long of a wait.  Had cereal and tea and enjoyed a good sleep when I got in.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 April 20 13:09 BST (UK) »
Finally got through to managers to arrange testing for my daughter so that I can get back to work.

Cheated and we had pizza for dinner because it was easy. A bit of housework then watched the news  before heading over to a box set to escape for a bit.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 April 20 19:41 BST (UK) »
Louisa Maude and Caroline, thank you for your supportive words, I'm feeling better today thanks.  :) More on Saturday 11th thread ....

River Tyne Lass, pleased to hear you had a good day after some not too good ones.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 April 20 10:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you Roobarb .. I must admit that I do get a bit stressed at times when I am not sure if a connection bus is going to turn up for me after a shift finishes late at night.

I am grateful though to the drivers who still turn out day after day. :)

I am grateful too to M&S for these lovely thank you gestures to NHS and Keyworker staff.  Thank you for this recently - much appreciated! :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner