Author Topic: UK request for help - Charles MYERS  (Read 5704 times)

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Re: UK request for help - Charles MYERS
« Reply #108 on: Monday 20 April 20 00:39 BST (UK) »
Yes I think you may be correct Mckha. Somewhere in the back of my mind I have a feeling that legal proceedings can be taken after a period of seven (?) years to have the death registered. Having said that, I have an ancestor who drowned in 1865 and as far as I am aware his body was not found but the death was registered the same year.

Minniehaha.

Difference could be if there was an inquest or not.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday 22 April 20 03:13 BST (UK) »
Afternoon update.  NO NOT COVID - 19

Received a nice reply from a Nelson Librarian working from home. It will be level two before the Library will be able to receive members of the public.

However was able to supply the following re G H MYERS often mentioned in the press of the period of interest.

Myers, George Henry     
1849 Flockowner Milton Grove.
Milton Grove thought to be in Milton Street near Grove Street and south of the Maitai river, Nelson.  Ref: Journal Nelson Historical Society Journal Vol.2(1) 1966 p.27

And a link to photos held.

https://collection.nelsonmuseum.co.nz/objects?query=Myers

Alan.

PS Further references to bio info held re Judah MYERS and Soloman Hyam MYERS recieved and forwarded to Michael.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Sunday 26 April 20 03:32 BST (UK) »
Minniehaha. Two attempts at a PM reply have gone west, unsure why. Take as under action next time Michael contacts me privately. He has other commitments keeping him busy at this time.
Thank you, Alan.

Offline weatherhog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Saturday 06 June 20 03:58 BST (UK) »
RE: JACK MYERS

BIRTH was registered in Australia in 1873:
JACOB ABRAHAM MYERS son of Charles & Ellen Myers.  Registered Sydney, NSW, Australia 1873 Registration No. 258

MARRIAGE was registered in Adelaide, Australia
JACOB ABRAHAM MYERS son of Charles Myers married DINAH BARNETT daughter of Mark Barnett 14 Feb 1900 Adelaide, South Australia.

Offline weatherhog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Saturday 06 June 20 04:23 BST (UK) »
I very definitely think the next step in the puzzle is to get a printout of Samuel's NZ birth certificate, Michael.  I have sent you the coordinates to do so.  I received a printout the other day so the archives people are back on deck.  Go for it.

Offline weatherhog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Saturday 06 June 20 04:30 BST (UK) »
Another child, ESTHER was born in 1875 and died in 1876:

ESTHER MYERS daughter of Charles & Ellen Myers. Birth reg. Sydney, NSW 1875. Reg: 1753
ESTHER MYERS daughter of Charles & Helen (sic) Myers. Death reg. Sydney, NSW 1876 Reg: 1642

Offline weatherhog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Saturday 06 June 20 05:59 BST (UK) »
There is a large amount of information on the divorce proceedings between Jacob Abraham Myers and Dinah Myers.  I have not posted the links here out of respect for their son Harry's possible descendants.  Also, I am not sure about copyright regulations.

Both parties remarried: Jacob 'Jack' to Rose CAMBRY in Lambeth, London 1918; and Dinah to Isaac GOLDSTEIN in 1911 Paddington, NSW, Australia.

Offline weatherhog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Saturday 06 June 20 06:19 BST (UK) »
Jacob Abraham Myers & Dinah Barnett had a son HENRY MARK MYERS in 1901 Adelaide.  Here is the birth transcription - it's the first time I've seen Jacob called 'Jack'.

The Sydney Morning Herald 18 January 1901: BIRTHS
MYERS - January 15, 1901, at her residence 124/194? Franklin Street, South Australia, Dinah, wife of Jack Myers, and youngest daughter of Mark Barnett, of Sydney, a son.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Saturday 06 June 20 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hello again.

Michael, hold off on requesting Samuel's cert, for now as I will explain in a PM.

The reading rooms at the National Archives are not fully open for registered readers, when I last looked, but expect them to be so once NZ goes to our [Covid-19] level one, which is expected to be announced in the middle of next week.  At this time strict distancing rules are in play so the archives assistants are offering limited one on one personal research help. Paid for requests by email are being processed.

Alan.