Author Topic: Anlezark deaths Sutton Forest NSW  (Read 1584 times)

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anlezark deaths Sutton Forest NSW
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 02:44 BST (UK) »
MC 2864/1876
Date Married 25 Dec 1876
Place SS Peter and Paul's Cathedral  Goulburn
Religion Church of Rome

Groom
Name James Anlezark
Status Bachelor
Birth not listed
Occup Farmer
Age not listed
Residence Marulan
Parents not listed

Bride
Mary Elsworth
Status Spinister
Birth not listed
Occup not listed
Residence Marulan

Witnesses Henry Herbert-Jane Tindall
Minister A T O'Dwyer
Comments Margaret Elsworth gave consent to the marriage of the Bride

DC 6444/1883
Date of death 13 Nov 1883
Place Sutton Forest
Name Mary Anlezark
Occup Domestic
Sex Female
Age 23
Cause of Death Not Listed
Duration Five Weeks

Medical Attendant Dr Hamilton, 11 Nov 1883
Father Michael Elsworth Farmer
Mother Maiden Name Margaret Morris
Informant James Anlezark, Husband, Sutton Forest
Reg'd 18 Nov 1883 Berrima
Buried 14 Nov 1883
Place Roman Catholic Cemetery Marulan
Undertaker Patrick A Keilour
Minister not listed
Religion
Wittnesses Richard Chapman Junr and Matthew McAlister
Born Marulan
Place married Goulburn
Age at Marriage 17
Spouse James Anlezark
Children not listed

This is the first DC I have that does not have a cause of death.  Any ideas why

Offline Neilhilt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 02:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the copy, sorry I do not no why cause of death not lisred.  Cheers Neil Smith
Smith - Ayrshire, Pyrmont, Newtown.  Dunsmore - Ayrshire.  Fyfe - Lanarkshire.  Patterson - Hunter Valley, Goulburn.  Rex - Yorkshire, Hobart.  Colbran - Sussex, Hawkesbury.  Lovell - Somerset, Marsfield.  Gallard - Kent,  Marsfield.  Sherriff - Angushire.  Cussen.  Dean - Mudgee.  Hill - Somerset, Gulgong

Offline Neilhilt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 April 20 03:22 BST (UK) »
I ordered a transcription for MC 2816 AULENGART & ELWSORTH and received a transcription for MC 2864. So I assume what I ordered does not exist.  Later I noted MC 2816-1877 is duplicated on the index for WELLS, George, and SCOTT, Annie for 27 Dec 1876.

So it is back to the drawing board for  James Anlezark born 25 May 1847 the son of James and Matilda (Hawthorn) Anlezark at Liverpool NSW Australia. James was a Christened at St Luke’s Church C of E at Liverpool, NSW on 27 June 1847.  I have been unable to find a marriage for him to Mary Jane Deecox.

The James Anlezark, b about 1855 to John Anlezark and Catherine Morrissy, died ?? is a cousin and the one who married Mary Elsworth on 25 Dec 1876 MC2864, and has been the main topic of this conversation.
Smith - Ayrshire, Pyrmont, Newtown.  Dunsmore - Ayrshire.  Fyfe - Lanarkshire.  Patterson - Hunter Valley, Goulburn.  Rex - Yorkshire, Hobart.  Colbran - Sussex, Hawkesbury.  Lovell - Somerset, Marsfield.  Gallard - Kent,  Marsfield.  Sherriff - Angushire.  Cussen.  Dean - Mudgee.  Hill - Somerset, Gulgong

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 April 20 03:30 BST (UK) »
I ordered a transcription for MC 2816 AULENGART & ELWSORTH and received a transcription for MC 2864. So I assume what I ordered does not exist.  Later I noted MC 2816-1877 is duplicated on the index for WELLS, George, and SCOTT, Annie for 27 Dec 1876.

So it is back to the drawing board for  James Anlezark born 25 May 1847 the son of James and Matilda (Hawthorn) Anlezark at Liverpool NSW Australia. James was a Christened at St Luke’s Church C of E at Liverpool, NSW on 27 June 1847.  I have been unable to find a marriage for him to Mary Jane Deecox.

The James Anlezark, b about 1855 to John Anlezark and Catherine Morrissy, died ?? is a cousin and the one who married Mary Elsworth on 25 Dec 1876 MC2864, and has been the main topic of this conversation.

If that happened to me, I would contact the transcription agent and ask WHY?  The transcription agent may have noticed that NSW BDM online index has two apparently different marriages, both registered Forbes District in 1877 under 2816/1877, if so NSW BDM may be in the process of adjusting their apparent error.

But on the other hand, if you ordered 2864 which is also indexed twice, BUT NOT FORBES DISTRICT then you got what you ordered.  Clearly the Agent should be advising you 'what is what'.      From the index : 2864/1877 is for Goulburn District, so too 2863 (one earlier than the one you ordered) and 2865 (one later than the one you ordered).   So to me it is sensible to consider the flaw is with the Transcription agent.   

NSW BDM has 2864/1877, Goulburn district marriage index:
ANLEZARD, James (and) EASNORTH Mary
plus
ANLEZARK, James (and) ELSWORTH Mary.

and
NSW BDM has 2816/1877, Forbes district marriage index:
AULENGART James and ELSWORTH Mary
Plus
WELLS George and SCOTT Annie.

So your agent should have been looking for James AULENGART marriage registered Forbes District  :)

JM  Edit to make it clearer (I hope).

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Neilhilt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 25 April 20 04:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you JM.  The transcription agent has yet repond to the query I lodged at 1640 on 21 Apr.
Cheers Neil

Offline Neilhilt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 25 April 20 05:46 BST (UK) »
I have just found the MC I should have ordered MC 3943 - 4 April 1877 James ANLEZARD, and Mary Jane DECOX - Orange. 

Offline Neilhilt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 27 April 20 22:36 BST (UK) »
I now have the transcription (MC3943-1877) for the marriage of James Anlezark and Mary Jane Decox who were married at the residence of William Decox in Orange with Wesleyan rites.  The consent of William Decox was given to his daughter who was under 21.  Thanks to JM.  Cheers Neil

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 April 20 23:47 BST (UK) »
Hi there,  slight spelling variation, but I am confident it is same person, and I speculate that some of the longhand from that era may cause 21st century eyes to mis-read it as Deacon.   :)

NSW ER 1870 ORANGE
William DEACOX, household, Orange

Grevilles Post Office Directory 1875 ORANGE
William Deacox, carrier

NSW Electoral Roll 1878 ORANGE
William DEACOX, freehold, Orange
Thomas ANLEZARK, household, Orange
Arthur ANLEZARK, residence, Orange

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Neilhilt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 27 April 20 23:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you JM