Author Topic: William WARDMAN who married in Derby in 1902  (Read 1652 times)

Online ValJJJ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: William WARDMAN who married in Derby in 1902
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 22 April 20 18:47 BST (UK) »
Yes Spendlove my original query was regarding William Wardman the son, draper, born in Otley and marrying Charlotte Ann Crook nee West.

I had a look at a few probate listings yesterday and noticed that his father's will/probate was listed beneath his mother's, who died much later.  I wondered what Grant meant.

We do seem to drifting off my original question, but it's all fascinating and adds background to the story.  However, everyone has really helped by finding out so much, for which I'm grateful.

My original purpose for asking was that I am looking at all the close (ish) relatives of an Ann Crook to see if I can find who might have cared for her elusive son John Campbell born 1897 in London.  I've posted questions on different sections of RootsChat to try and establish where his mother's relatives were and where he was or wasn't from 1902 onwards.  The problem is that much could have happened between 1902 and 1911, which is the earliest I can view whole households. I can't find the boy's death, and the only likely entry in the 1911 census turned out to be a mistranscribed age, and the institution was just so unlikely that I couldn't see how it could be the right boy.

But the John Campbell quest is off-topic for this thread.  I could post the references to the other threads if anyone is interested, but it's a red herring for this look-up request in this section!
Crook, Bannister, Warren

Online ValJJJ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 07 May 20 17:12 BST (UK) »
To return to a much earlier posting about Charlotte Wardman travelling to Canada and her Lichfield address, I found a record for her entry to Canada and it showed that this was the address of her sister, Mrs Griffin Walker.  It also showed her return address would be Rotten Park Rd.
Crook, Bannister, Warren

Online ValJJJ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 21 June 20 21:11 BST (UK) »
Still haven't worked out which sister Mrs Griffin Walker was though. Another lockdown job later.
Crook, Bannister, Warren