Author Topic: Andersons  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Andersons
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 April 20 07:21 BST (UK) »
A marriage?:

5703/1897 ANDERSON Walt, HALL Emily

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jeans Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 April 20 07:21 BST (UK) »
The boys only had the one name no middle name on birth records.

Offline Jeans Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 April 20 07:23 BST (UK) »
hoping to get parents names with records to confirm correct ones

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 April 20 07:44 BST (UK) »
What is mentioned about them in their parents' death certificates?
i.e. were the boys still alive in 1882/3?

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 April 20 07:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry  - was replying to wivenhoe.  As far as I can see it's only the parents who are buried at Dimboola.

1883 was a sad year for the family as I see Walter WINGATE, Margaret's father died 17 April, 1883.  His will is on PROV and he left his watch to his grandson nephew Walter, 'as an heirloom to be kept sacred in memory of his grandfather.'
Edit to add - my mistake - see below

PROV shows that James ANDERSON died intestate but the record of where/how his estate was administered is not digitised.  It can, apparently, be ordered and I wonder if this document might have information re the sons.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jeans Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 April 20 08:00 BST (UK) »
yes i have that information but have not got the full report as its not digitised

Offline Jeans Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 April 20 08:28 BST (UK) »
from the information re the watch the children must have still been alive in 1883

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 13 April 20 10:57 BST (UK) »
from the information re the watch the children must have still been alive in 1883

I have to disagree ...
1 - James Anderson is not mentioned at all in grandfather Walter Wingate's will.
2 - An assumption is made that grandson Walter Wingate = Walter Anderson. I might have accepted that if there were no other grandchildren called Walter. However, it seems that Gabriel Wingate had a son called Walter Gilmour Wingate b 1867 in New Zealand.

So I have to repeat my question .. what is mentioned in the death certificates of James and Margaret Anderson ...

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 13 April 20 12:24 BST (UK) »
Huge apologies - I have incorrectly transcribed the will of James WINGATE, died 1883.

The actual will shows bequests of all of his mining shares and money to his three sons: James, John and Andrew WINGATE minus 10 pounds to be given to Mrs Knox of Clunes as a token for her kindness.  Then the Will states
"And to my nephew Walter WINGATE, I present my watch as a (sic) heirloom to be kept sacred in memory of his grandfather."

He appoints another son, Gabriel WINGATE as the executor - Gabriel is not mentioned in the bequests.

Thus the Walter WINGATE, nephew,  who is given the watch is possibly be the son of one of the brothers of the Walter WINGATE the author of the will unless he was confused at the time of writing.  The will was dated 19 March 1893 and he died 17 April 1883.

https://prov.vic.gov.au/explore-collection/explore-topic/wills-and-probates

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk