Author Topic: Robert Conway and Catherine Mulhern  (Read 823 times)

Offline jwallace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Conway and Catherine Mulhern
« on: Wednesday 15 April 20 02:31 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My great, great great grandparents were Robert Conway (born C1833 Roscommon) and Catherine Mulhern (born C1834 Boyle, Roscommon).

I found a source that said they were married in RC, Boyle, Roscommon on the 28th August 1856. Is there any way I can view their marriage certificate?

Further, I'm looking for any more information on Robert Conway - i.e. his birth record (I found one for Bartholomeum Conway but I'm not sure if it's the same person) so any help with his birth record and family would be fabulous!

Robert and Catherine immigrated to Australia possibly in 1857 on the ship 'Africa'. My great, great grandfather Joseph Conway was born in Australia in September 1857.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Conway and Catherine Mulhern
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 12:10 BST (UK) »

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Conway and Catherine Mulhern
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 April 20 00:58 BST (UK) »
According to the marriage register for Boyle R.C. parish, the marriage on 28th August 1856 was between Bartholomy Conway and Cath. Mulheran. Witnesses John McD..... and Bridget Wallace (?). So the bridegroom was Bartholomew.
 Bartholomew Conway & Catherine Mulheran and Robert Conway and Catherine Mulhearn were all born before civil registration of births began in Ireland in 1864 so if they were all born there none of them had birth certificates. Civil registration of Catholic marriages also began 1864.

Cowban