Author Topic: boston vital records birth 1915  (Read 434 times)

Offline advent

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
boston vital records birth 1915
« on: Wednesday 15 April 20 17:18 BST (UK) »
Can any kind roots colleague allow me some information on following.

I have found a birth record on Family Search of birth in Boston in March 1915. This vital record does not state the name of the father, only mother and that that child was born State infirmy as all of the stated births took place there.

If I was to request the record from vital record office directly would such record allow for additional information such as details of the father. Can any roots colleague cast any light on this? Regards

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: boston vital records birth 1915
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 17:29 BST (UK) »
FS records are transcribed from the original document so if fathers name had been on the record it would have been transcribed.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: boston vital records birth 1915
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 19:01 BST (UK) »
That record for Robert at Family Search has the original document attached for viewing.

All the blocks pertaining to the father (name, occupation, POB of father) are blank with a line drawn in them, just like about half the fathers info listed on the that page.

This is the same information vital record office will have, which is nothing about the father.