Author Topic: I need definition  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
I need definition
« on: Thursday 16 April 20 21:58 BST (UK) »
eeee I am getting a crazy head as to what I can and cannot do... :(   

I need to follow the rules ... cant work any other way...

and some are saying one thing and others another...

What the heck are the definitive rules of what we can and cannot do.

I for one cannot go out anyway  not since January ... not able without assistance so that one is checked.

BUT my OH has to go to shop! or chemist for repeat prescriptions..

can he pick up a pre- ordered item from elsewhere when he does this.. or does he have to go straight to the chemist and back...!!  am I being stupid...   

I ordered plants on line ---- they arrived my neighbour... ..comment over the fence... was oooooooooh..............  but the Nursery said all the plants were dying...

I order things for the grandchildren to send from an online store... is that wrong..

things from a well known auction site.. oh my.

Then my Microwave blew... (after I ordered Parsley box food!!! which is microwaveable only!!)

so I ordered that online..

We are seriously attempting to abide and be good.. but if there are no STRICT definitions I am useless.

So .... Tomorrow.. my OH will pick up the prescription   and pop in the Co-op which is attached to the chemist for IMportant stuff like milk and bread (and maybe cat treats!!! you tell my cat he cant have them) ... then an ordered item from elsewhere.. that is basically put into the boot of the car and that is that then.. all our food has been from online shops... so yes I am gardening.. as best I can and accepting deliveries from 2mtrs and wiping any post with specially disinfected clothes..washing my hands until I am sore......... and definately NOT going to the Doctors... or the opticians... and IF i fall down NOT ringing anyone.. so  am I doing right..   :)   shout at me for being ........ a diplodocus ........ regarding this.. but my head just cannot take it in..

Xin or Fin depending on the day  preferably Xinia .. she was younger and prettier and not mardy  (oooo does that show I am from Leicester ------------   ha ha ha)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: I need definition
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 April 20 22:28 BST (UK) »
sounds to me like you are doing fine
I understand it as 2metres/6ft away from anyone
Wash hands regularly with soap -my hands were sore until I used hnd cream which apparantly is OK) If you dont have access to soap use hand sanitiser
Out once a week for shopping for essentials (but OK to pick other things up on way round supermarket but not to shop only for essentials)
Pick prescriptions up or visit pharmacist for medicinal items as well but not beauty items etc - our local Boots woked very well for me - member of staff at door asks what you want (I told her prescription (giving details) and some Milton ) my order was radioed to pharmacy and then member of staff brought my goods told me the price I went to counter by door paid by card and then picked my goods up -never under 6 feet away from anyone.
Once a day excercise locally or in garden or in home
No unecessary journeys ( some think it is OK to go for a drive as long as they dont get ot of the car -this is not so -trying to keep traffic off the road
Of course it is a good idea to get shopping delivered -and prescriptions if you can
When you come in from outside turn your coat inside out go wash hands and I disinfect shoes and then put what I am wearing in the washing -so change clothes

I think these are the things we are advised to do

IF YOU CAN STAY HOME STAY SAFE
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 April 20 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Xin,

And of course there may be some RChatters who dont know that my avatar waves because of Xin. 

I am sure that if you were here in NSW Australia that all the things you are describing are similar to all the things we are doing here.   

The most important aspect that our GP said to me was that to remember to keep your common sense about you, and avoid touching your face with your hands.  Yes,  all the rules about scripts, ordering groceries, deliveries, online ordering ... All are important,  but most important is personal hygiene.  My GP said : Wash hands with soap and water ... 'before and after' each task,  and wipe down all surfaces 'before and after'.   

Many cheers

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 April 20 00:15 BST (UK) »
sounds to me like you are doing fine

Wash hands regularly with soap -my hands were sore

When you come in from outside turn your coat inside out go wash hands and I disinfect shoes and then put what I am wearing in the washing -so change clothes

I use soap which contains moisturiser. (Dove) My hands are in a slightly better state now that I'm not going anywhere which requires me to apply hand sanitiser. Dermatitis which erupted again on 1 hand has now disappeared.
I wash my hands before leaving the house. If I sneeze, I bin the tissue and wash hands. 
When I return I remove my outdoor shoes & outdoor clothes and wash my hands.
The only places I've been for the past week is the local park and 2 local small shops, one of which is also a Post Office. The latter admits only 2 customers at a time and the former has space for only 2. I pay by contactless card. Tins + other store-cupboard food are put in a quarantine cupboard, then I wash hands again.
I don't change my clothes when I return from those outings as they haven't been in contact with anything or anyone. I kept separate sets of clothes for my hospital appointments, which ended last week. Those were put on shortly before I left home and removed shortly after arrival.
Use common -sense; otherwise one risks becoming anxious which isn't good for health. 
Cowban

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 April 20 08:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you all x

I think I got in a flummax yesterday --- after my neighbour --- wasnt happy about my garden plants....

I always smile when I see your waving flag :)  JM   I never expected it to last this long..
(Ihave been re- practicising my restore techniques on fb just lately only for family.)

So I will continue as is and not panic...   Found the button switched it off :)

Xin

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 April 20 09:14 BST (UK) »

Did I hear this morning that the rules on driving to another area to take exercise has now been relaxed. We can now get in the car to go for a walk.
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 April 20 09:46 BST (UK) »

Did I hear this morning that the rules on driving to another area to take exercise has now been relaxed. We can now get in the car to go for a walk.

There is no change to the UK Rules (Law) imposed on 23rd March 2020 for UK Citizens.

1,000s of fines have been issued, including people in their cars without good reason.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
See the link from above to 29th March 2020

The only change (as far as I know) was on (or about) the 25th March, when Off Licences were added to Essential shops.

Like posters above we have also been washing hands, after handing post, food packaging, deliveries etc., from outside in the last week and when returning from a walk or food shopping.

Mark

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 17 April 20 10:11 BST (UK) »

From The Guardian this morning:

"Driving to the countryside and walking – where more time is spent doing the latter than the former – is among a list of reasonable excuses for Britons leaving their home during the coronavirus lockdown, according to advice issued to police.

A document published by the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) and the professional standards body the College of Policing says public statements made soon after the adoption of the lockdown regulations suggested members of the public could leave their homes only if “essential” to do so.

However, the document says the legal basis for police is in fact whether someone has a “reasonable excuse”.

The document categorically states it is “lawful to drive for exercise”. However, driving for a prolonged period for only brief exercise would “not likely” be a reasonable excuse."

Given that the idea is to keep as much traffic as possible off the roads (to avoid accidents and further pressure on the NHS), it would seem that if it is sensible for you to drive a short distance to exercise in an area where you can maintain safe distance from other people (the countryside/a park) then you can do this if you minimise the driving time/maximise the exercise time.

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 17 April 20 10:30 BST (UK) »
See No. 14 here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

The Police are patrolling here. Police are sending people home or issuing penalty fines.