Author Topic: When to go to hospital  (Read 3894 times)

guest189040

Re: When to go to hospital
« Reply #45 on: Monday 20 April 20 08:37 BST (UK) »
Hospitals can be dangerous places.

I have 25 years working in them hence I have a fair amount of first hand experience.

Staff are and always have been very badly treated by successive Governments as have the Trusts by rampant cuts.

All NHS and supply chain Staff do an exceptional job in keeping the system running.

My roles were medical support related and whenever I had new staff start I always advised them at the interview that the first two years would be rough for them, they would be exposed to bacteria and virus’s that would affect their health but they would become resistant and more resilient over time.  It is like being a kid again and picking up all the playground illnesses.

Hence the advice not to go to Hospital is a risk assessed response, simply going into hospital places the patient at an even greater risk.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 20 April 20 09:36 BST (UK) »
Hospitals can be dangerous places.

I have 25 years working in them hence I have a fair amount of first hand experience.

Staff are and always have been very badly treated by successive Governments as have the Trusts by rampant cuts.

All NHS and supply chain Staff do an exceptional job in keeping the system running.

My roles were medical support related and whenever I had new staff start I always advised them at the interview that the first two years would be rough for them, they would be exposed to bacteria and virus’s that would affect their health but they would become resistant and more resilient over time.  It is like being a kid again and picking up all the playground illnesses.

Hence the advice not to go to Hospital is a risk assessed response, simply going into hospital places the patient at an even greater risk.

I had Chronic Bronchitis every year as a child, an absolutely exhausting and frightening illness, my Mum refused our family Doctor's advice for me to go into hospital and sat at my bedside until I fell asleep each night. I've always had Vaporub in the cabinet since.

Our Family Doctor use to come back with a liquid Medicine and that often helped my Bronchitis.

Yes, the NHS and care from Staff is wonderful! Mark

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 20 April 20 15:18 BST (UK) »
It certainly does, I've gone from one link to another to another!

Added note: Sorry, my comment doesn't make much sense, I thought I was adding it much earlier in the thread, I hadn't seen the further comments.  :-[
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 20 April 20 16:10 BST (UK) »
Who was it said:
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics"
I've heard it attributed to a Dumas (not idea which one) but not at all certain.
But the older and more cynical I get, the more I believe it! Anyone's statistics, on anything.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 20 April 20 18:50 BST (UK) »

I was heartened to read today that confirmed hospital cases here in Sussex have fallen for the last three days in a row.  The numbers are coming from the hospitals to local media, so I’m happy that the information is correct.
No figures for care or nursing homes sadly  :( 
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 20 April 20 19:13 BST (UK) »
Who was it said:
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics"
I've heard it attributed to a Dumas (not idea which one) but not at all certain.
But the older and more cynical I get, the more I believe it! Anyone's statistics, on anything.
TY

Popularised apparently by Mark Twain but its originator is not clear.....
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 21 April 20 16:22 BST (UK) »
Yes, he's another one that I've heard it attributed to.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)