Author Topic: New Ancestry layout for matches  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Flemming

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: New Ancestry layout for matches
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 May 20 16:17 BST (UK) »
Did anyone else get this new format then lose it today? It was a big improvement, shame if it's being axed. Wish they'd stop fiddling around with things  ::)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 May 20 12:32 BST (UK) »
What makes you think it is being axed? Probably just tweaking it a bit as they get feedback during rollout. Not everyone has it yet.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Flemming

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 May 20 17:21 BST (UK) »
Just said it would be a shame if they axe it. Right now, I'd be happy with simply getting on the site.

Offline Flemming

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 October 20 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Just resurrecting this post to ask if anyone else has the new format. A friend who had the new format has kept theirs, whereas mine went and hasn't come back, still on the old format.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 October 20 15:19 GMT (UK) »

I wish I could get back to the old format!

I don’t like the new one at all...

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Flemming

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 16 May 21 12:54 BST (UK) »
Just resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone has the new layout where you get multiple options for potential common ancestors. I've got a few matches where common ancestors have gone down the wrong route and a few alternatives would be nice to see. I had the new layout for a while, then it went and hasn't come back, although someone else I know still has it.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 16 May 21 13:03 BST (UK) »
I don't think I've ever had that option. Although it would be handy. I've got quite a few that are way out with their trees. I've told a couple about the mistakes and they said 'Oh yes, I know, I've got it correct on my computer'  ::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Janethepain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 16 May 21 13:57 BST (UK) »
Unsure what the new version you are talking about is. Last one I got was when on your matches screen, the notes now are on a line at the bottom of each match, if there are notes, starting at the left, under your profile picture. At the right, on the same line you see any colour coded groups, and  you can edit your groups from here, you dont need to go to the individual match screen to do so.  Flemming, are you talking an update that came after the above?? From the chat beloe, I suspect it is additional, and if that is the case, well I dont have it!!! ??? >:( ;)
Allison - Rumford Stirlingshire & Ireland
Quinn - Rumford, Glasgow, Monklands & Tyrone
Convoy - Rumford, Monklands & Tyrone
Burke - Glasgow, Clifden Galway
Duffy - Cleland Lanarkshire, Monklands, Falkirk, Ireland
Curran - Cleland, Ireland
Reynolds - Cleland, Shettleston, Tollcross, Antrim
McDermott - Cleland, Shotts, (London)Derry

Offline Flemming

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 16 May 21 14:13 BST (UK) »
This was back in April last year. They changed the layout so that, when you open a match, you have tabs across the top of their tree. Each tab has a different option for common ancestors. I presume it was drawing on multiple alternatives rather than just the one that features in most trees (and we know that quantity doesn't always mean accuracy with Ancestry trees).