Author Topic: Diary > Friday 17th April  (Read 889 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 17th April
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 April 20 21:14 BST (UK) »
I haven't done much today.  Finished nightshift mid morning.  Called at M&S at bus station.  Disappointed that of their vegetarian lines that I like such as the vege kievs continue to missing.

Timed the second bus home well and had breakfast at lunch time.  Now waiting again in Newcastle for my second bus to take me to nightshift.  I saw a sign on the first bus (Arriva) stating I think from 17th May that the bus drivers will no longer be accepting money or giving out change.  It doesn't affect me as I buy my monthly pass from the metro station. 

Added -Yikes I must be tired - perhaps this could be removed I have posted on wrong day!
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 April 20 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hope your bus is on time River Tyne Lass, and your shift goes well.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 April 20 21:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you - last night I had to chase up the driver who was standing chatting and drinking coffee with other staff.  He said we would leave in "10 minutes".  I said that we should have already left and that I was going to be late for my nightshift.  The other staff agreed he should have already left.  He then got going.  This is not the first time I have had to go seek the driver at night.  I think they seem a bit lackadaisical re timetable when they have hardly any passengers.  I am grateful but they need to consider the few they get may be trying to get to work or going home from work and it can be if someone is standing around somewhere worrying to wait to see if bus might show up.

I had to run when I got off bus last night so I would not be late.  Not good when not a spring chicken any more.

Added bus driver here!  Hurrah on time!
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner