Author Topic: Cruikshank/Cruickshank/Crookshank Co. Cavan Bailieborough Cootehill Shercock  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Cruikshank/Cruickshank/Crookshank Co. Cavan Bailieborough Cootehill Shercock
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 April 20 11:45 BST (UK) »

This is the townland of Drumhillagh in Knockbride CP and to the west of Shercock, Co Cavan.
https://www.townlands.ie/cavan/clankee/knockbride/canningstown/drumhillagh/

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline DonnyJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cruikshank/Cruickshank/Crookshank Co. Cavan Bailieborough Cootehill Shercock
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 April 20 14:25 BST (UK) »
Kloumann, again thanks for the info.  I did have the 1901 census.  But was not sure where the farm might be located in Drumhillagh.  Such beautiful country there.  I like to get on google maps and "drive" the roads in the area to see approximately where the towns and farmlands are located and how they appear today.  Regarding Samuel Cruikshank, I have a couple of interesting letters from his children and grandchildren in Australia.  Apparently Samuel and his family picked up roots left his farm and moved to Belfast, as a grocer, then because of the fighting going on there, emigrated to Australia in 1922.

Are you from the Cavan area?

Thanks again,
Don

Offline DonnyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 April 20 14:27 BST (UK) »
Kiltaglassan, thank you for the map of Drumhillagh.

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 April 20 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Donny.

I do have Irish roots from Belfast & Antrim area but I am from Scotland & live in France now.

Have you traced all the family including the U.S. line?

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline DonnyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 April 20 02:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you dathai.  I had the 1839 document.  How is it that you know the second document refers to his father?