Author Topic: Looking for details of Paye family (possibly in Winchester) early 1900s  (Read 1150 times)

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for details of Paye family (possibly in Winchester) early 1900s
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 April 20 01:18 BST (UK) »
John Richard Paye
Birth 1927  Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Death 9 May 2007 Portsmouth, Hampshire, England

married
1. Lillian May Sawyer
Birth 1921 at St Mary's Hospital, Portsmouth
Death 7 Dec 1958 Haverfordwest, Wales
Child of this marrriage
Richard John Paye
Birth 11 Dec 1957 Portsmouth, Hampshire
Death 18 Dec 2007 Waterlooville, Hampshire

2. Olive Maureen Nichols
Birth 6 Nov 1937
Death 1990 Hampshire, England
One child of this marriage possibly still alive.

None of the above is my research but from a sourced public tree on ancestry.com
John Mead Paye
Birth 31 Aug 1900 Essex, England
Death 1984 Portsmouth, Hampshire
No parents recorded on the public tree

Offline AlexBUK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 April 21 18:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you to everyone for your messages. So sorry it's a year late, I was struck down with the dreaded C-19 around the time of my post so everything left my brain.

Irene Paye is my mother's biological mother. From what we gather, Irene's only living relative (aside from my mother) is her nephew (her brother's son) and he hasn't been able to provide us with much information. We know Irene passed away while on holiday in Malta. We also know she was married to a man named Stanley Deacon. But we've been unable to find any record of her death, nor any information about Irene. She possibly had ties to the RAF, but we can't find anything out about it.

A recent heritage DNA test shows my mothers DNA to be 97% Ireland, which as thrown us off and we haven't come across Ireland at all in researching Irene's past, which now makes us wonder if we're got it wrong somewhere along the way.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 April 21 16:40 BST (UK) »

Irene Paye is my mother's biological mother.

From what we gather, Irene's only living relative (aside from my mother) is her nephew (her brother's son) and he hasn't been able to provide us with much information.

We know Irene passed away while on holiday in Malta.

We also know she was married to a man named Stanley Deacon.

But we've been unable to find any record of her death, nor any information about Irene.

Welcome back sorry to hear you've been unwell.

No help with her death I'm afraid also I can't find a death for her husband either  ??? He was born 1912  - you may already have this info. but posting just in case........

Berkshire, England Electoral Registers 1840 - 1965

Years 1962/63/64
The Deacon's are living at  113 Kidmore Road, his middle name Alfred and hers Florence

Years 1938 -1960
Stanley Alfred Deacon is at the same address but with Edith Charlotte Deacon (she appears to be his mother), check 1939 register for their date of births

Years 1921 - 1924 address 113 Kidmore Road
Edith Deacon & William Deacon

Marriage entry Jun 1907 Reading
William Deacon
female name on same page
Edith Shackleford

Stanley Alfred DEACON mmn SHACKLEFORD
1912  D Quarter in HENLEY  Volume 03A  Page 1923

William Deacon of 113 Kidmore Road died 8 Oct 1938
Probate  29 Jun 1939 to widow Edith Charlotte

Edith Charlotte Deacon of 113 Kidmore Road died 28 Dec 1959 Probate 23 Feb 1960 to George William Deacon (George was her son born 1908 mmn SHACKLEFORD)

I don't know if either of these links will be of help finding her death in Malta

https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Malta_Civil_Registration

https://identitymalta.com/unit/public-registry-office/
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AlexBUK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 April 21 22:59 BST (UK) »

No help with her death I'm afraid also I can't find a death for her husband either  ??? He was born 1912  - you may already have this info. but posting just in case........

Berkshire, England Electoral Registers 1840 - 1965

Years 1962/63/64
The Deacon's are living at  113 Kidmore Road, his middle name Alfred and hers Florence

Years 1938 -1960
Stanley Alfred Deacon is at the same address but with Edith Charlotte Deacon (she appears to be his mother), check 1939 register for their date of births

Years 1921 - 1924 address 113 Kidmore Road
Edith Deacon & William Deacon

Marriage entry Jun 1907 Reading
William Deacon
female name on same page
Edith Shackleford

Stanley Alfred DEACON mmn SHACKLEFORD
1912  D Quarter in HENLEY  Volume 03A  Page 1923

William Deacon of 113 Kidmore Road died 8 Oct 1938
Probate  29 Jun 1939 to widow Edith Charlotte

Edith Charlotte Deacon of 113 Kidmore Road died 28 Dec 1959 Probate 23 Feb 1960 to George William Deacon (George was her son born 1908 mmn SHACKLEFORD)

I don't know if either of these links will be of help finding her death in Malta

https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Malta_Civil_Registration

https://identitymalta.com/unit/public-registry-office/

Thank you.

I also managed to find Stanley's two brothers, William George (1908 - 1983) and John Paul (1919 - 2000), which is hopefully going to help track down some nieces and nephews that may know more.

It's just so strange not to be able to find a single record of either of their deaths.

Thank you so much for finding the address for me, that was brand new information. I found Irene in a Reading address (Clipper House) in 1959 (2 years after my mother was born) and I believe I have found them both in another address in 1970 on Copse Ave, Caversham, Reading, which is all of a 7-minute drive from 113.

Time to send some messages to people who have the brothers on their Ancestry family trees to see what comes of it. I would just love to see a photo of Irene. That's all. I hope someone has one.