Author Topic: William Sutton Prees and Whitchurch // Finding Family  (Read 679 times)

Offline SimonByrneSF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Sutton Prees and Whitchurch // Finding Family
« on: Sunday 19 April 20 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Currently trying to break down a brick wall on my family and tree and see if I can find the family of a William Sutton. I know a lot about his later life and that of his children but his background is proving a bit of a mystery. Would would love any help finding his parents, siblings or any further information on his family if anyone can help.

Here's what I have:
  • Possible Birth: ~1818 (Based on Burial Records)
  • Marriage: 1st September 1842 to Elizabeth Millington (Living in Ash Acres and his father is listed as Thomas Sutton, Agricultural Labourer)
  • 1851 - Census shows him living in Ash Acres but not w/ family
  • 1861 - Census shows him living in Darleston, Prees with his wife Elizabeth and son Thomas. Place of birth listed as Heath Lane, Shropshire
  • He appears on the 1871 and 1881 Census and his place of birth is listed as Whitchurch.

Thanks so much if anyone has information on the Sutton family living in these places, I'd love to hear more and be able to connect him w/ the rest of his family.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Sutton Prees and Whitchurch // Finding Family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 April 20 09:30 BST (UK) »
What about this one

William Sutton baptised Whitchurch 28 July 1816. Parents Thomas, a Labourer, and Sarah. Abode Heath Lane.

Image on FindMyPast

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline SimonByrneSF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 April 20 03:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much yes that looks like a very viable match. It would mean that his Burial record missed his age by a couple of years but I guess that is very possible.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 April 20 11:07 BST (UK) »
Information for deaths, be it death certificate or burial record, is only as good as the knowledge of the person giving that information.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more