Author Topic: Wantage Christenings  (Read 1109 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wantage Christenings
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 April 20 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt,

Woolstone records appear on another cd issued by Oxford FHS;   OXF-FAR-1,
Looking at them , they only start in 1849 as it was a chapelry of Uffington which would need to be consulted.
Uffington registers include Baulking entries until 1850 and these, together with others,  are on cd; OXF-ABO3.

Hope its not too confusing for you.

On the other hand, I have some more info for you, which you may already have, if so, please disregard;

Wantage
Burials;
7-10-1893     Elizabeth Ann Honey, 27 yrs  Thatcher's Row
23-10-1902     "            "         "   , 11 mths, Stirling Road
This last entry possibly not connected.

bapt.;
24-10-1866 Elizabeth Ann Kent d/o Rebecca, Catt Hill (b. 29-9)
18-8-1844   Rebecca Kent d/o Francis & Elizabeth, Bricklayer.

Marriages;
On Anc...y there is a tree saying Thomas Honey - m - Elizabeth Ann Kent 4-1890 Wantage.

Alternatives;
9-1894 Thomas Honey - m - Elizabeth Chapman

bapt.;
30-11-1865 Elizabeth Chapman d/o John & Selina, Hawker, Grove Street (b. 10-11)

I'm just wondering if there was more than one family of Thomas Honey  & Elizabeth.

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the info regarding Woolstone, I had forgotten it was a chapelry. I can't remember the dates I am looking for there so will get back to you on those.

Regarding the Wantage entries you've found the only one I didn't have were the christenings of Elizabeth Ann daughter of Rebecca, and of Rebecca dau of Francis and Elizabeth. The others are all part of my family tree.

The tree on Ancestry with the marriage of Thomas and Elizabeth Ann Kent may well be my tree. Thomas was christened in 1864 and was the older brother of my great great grandmother Mary Ann Honey [christened 1866]. I know he married an Elizabeth in the 1890s and I believe this is Elizabeth Ann Kent. I didn't have the exact date of this marriage however. I do know when his children were born so I can establish which marriage was his from that.

The Honeys were a large family and most of them were settled around the Grove Street area of Wantage so most of them are likely to be related.

Thanks for the extra info.

Matt