Author Topic: Duncan MIs Fyvie  (Read 1366 times)

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan MIs Fyvie
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 April 20 22:19 BST (UK) »
I have files on other members of the family if you want them or if you want the files posted here in full with the maps etc. included. I also have a photograph of George's sister Agnes and one of his son William. You can send me a personal message with an e-mail address if you want them.

Offline libxx1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 September 21 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I stumbled across your posts and the information is so interesting. My great grandfather James McEwen has parents noted as William McEwen and Helen Duncan. James was born in 1873 in Banff. At the time of his birth his parents were living at Auds Farm in Boyndie with the McEwen family and Helen Duncan is noted on the 1871 census as being a domestic servant at the farm. The census indicates that Helen would be born circa 1850.

Would you happen to have more information about the Helen Duncan noted in your post? I'm wondering if it's the same person as she seems to disappear after giving birth to James and I have no record of her life before or afterwards.

Thanks in advance, Liz

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 February 22 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I have just seen this post. Sorry for the delay in replying.

The Helen Duncan at Auds in 1871 is not related to the Duncans in the previous posts. She was baptised in Boyndie on 5th December 1848, the daughter of William Duncan and Christian Andrew.

The 1841 census shows the Duncans at Black Culphin, Boyndie. William is a crofter.
The 1851 census shows them at Black Culphin. William is farmer of 12 acres. Helen is 2.
The 1861 census shows them at Black Culphin. William is a grocer. Helen is 12.