Author Topic: Help finding buriel of Harry Beaumont Hempstead 1987  (Read 1157 times)

Offline val64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help finding buriel of Harry Beaumont Hempstead 1987
« on: Wednesday 22 April 20 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi - hope I am posting this in the right place!  I am trying to find the whereabouts of a relative who took his own life on 8th October 1987 at home in Grantham. I have the death certificate and there was obviously an inquest held in Grantham.  Both of his wives were cremated in Grantham but the crematorium has no record for Harry B Hempstead for either burial or cremation.  Does anyone have any knowledge of whether there was a particular process in these cases in 1987?  I am aware that it may be different to present day.  Thanks  :)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding buriel of Harry Beaumont Hempstead 1987
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 April 20 23:30 BST (UK) »
If nobody claimed the body - it would be up to the council to arrange disposal.

Did he have living family members at that time - daughter Margaret b 1936 died 1973 and doesn't appear to have had any children

His wife Florence died in 1985
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

guest189040

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 April 20 09:39 BST (UK) »
Could be he was buried or cremated away from Grantham.

Where are his parents buried?  He may be with them.

Did he have any Brothers and Sisters, they may have arranged his funeral local to them.

What did his will state, possible donation of his body to medical research/learning.

Offline val64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 April 20 12:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks CaroleW - yes you are right and have got the right person.  His first wife died in 1985 and he remarried in 1986 to a Joan Morris - she lived until 2002 in the same house and was cremated in Grantham.

Thanks also Colin Lamb - I have checked Lincoln as well but thought it unlikely as he lived most of his adult life in Grantham, worked there and died there.  His parents lived in Sleaford and I havent yet found a burial for them,  brothers also in Sleaford - there is no crematorium in Sleaford they use Grantham as well.  There was no will   :(

Offline tup1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 April 20 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

The only thought I have is the Grantham library have all the Grantham Journals on Microfilm which could give you more information  about the inquest or funeral etc. BUT due to the virus shutdown it is not open at the moment.

guest189040

« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 April 20 09:25 BST (UK) »
Find a Grave has two Hempsteads buried in Sleaford, Doris Sharpe and Grorge Beaumont Hempstead.

Offline tup1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 I am helping a distant relative to find the buriel/cremation of Harry Beaumont Hempstead who sadly took his own life on 8 October 1987 Grantham. Grantham Journal checked only date of death..Funeral Directors and Inquest records no longer exist.Grantham cemetery have no records only of his 2 wives who were cremated.They have also checked Lincoln/Boston crematoriums and Sleaford where he was born in 1909.So any help would be very much appreciated.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 11:19 GMT (UK) »
There is another post about this gentlemans burial earlier this year.

Threads merged.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tup1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to duplicate this query I had forgotten I had replied to the original request in April (senior moment)but they are still searching for the answer with no one left in the imediate family left to help.

Just a thought if the council had dealt with his death buriel/cremation wouldn't there be a record of it?.

Kathy