Author Topic: 1891 newark  (Read 428 times)

Offline Teresa Palmer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1891 newark
« on: Friday 24 April 20 06:30 BST (UK) »
hi can anyone help please I am looking into the history of my Clark family branch I have found that  they live in strawberry hall(fruit fields and market) Newark(father then son)  from 1841 to 1881 census. I wanted to see who took over strawberry hall after them. icn not find the hall in the 1891 census could some please see if they can find it thank you.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
surname's i am interested in:
Godber,
Salmon,
Hudson,
Merrin,
Mead,
Allchorne,
Penney,
Graves.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 newark
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 April 20 07:41 BST (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 April 20 09:23 BST (UK) »
In 1891 Strawberry Hall is listed in the desciption/first page of Enumeration District 7 of Newark but is not named on the other census pages that I can see

A guess - looking at the enumerators walk on the first page - it is possible that Charles Bland born 1841 Scarle, Lincolnshire was living there in 1891 with his family.   His address is just listed as Lincoln Road (prior to 1 Lincoln Road) and he was listed as a farmer  :-\

Kay

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 April 20 11:06 BST (UK) »
According to one of Charles Bland's children's baptisms he was living at Green Field House, as you say a farmer. His other children are listed as Lincoln Road.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley