Author Topic: Newman marriages 1906  (Read 999 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: Newman marriages 1906
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 April 20 09:18 BST (UK) »
It would still be nice, though, to see the Parish Register for 1906 to confirm that as sisters they were in fact married on the same day.

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Online Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 April 20 10:43 BST (UK) »
Putting the names into the newspaper search brought up nothing and to double check I looked at the Bucks Herald marriage announcements from March 30th to July 7th but they are not there.
The other papers online Buckingham Express, Buckingham Advertiser & Free Press and Croydon Weekly Standard don't carry announcements.

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 April 20 11:24 BST (UK) »
Yes, I'd done the same.
I've also put in a query to the Buckinghamshire FHS and have been referred to the Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies. I await their response, hopefully, next week.

Latest I have on GRO deliveries: I ordered some death pdfs on April 9th and was given as estimated delivery date of April 17th. Still waiting.  No idea what the delivery for paper marriage certificates would be!

Alan

Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 May 20 11:00 BST (UK) »
Just for reference, the pdfs mentioned above that I ordered from the GRO on April 9th 2020 were finally delivered on May 14th 2020 - except for one which followed on May 19th 2020.

Is lockdown loosening yet?

Alan