Author Topic: Diary < Saturday 25 April  (Read 1818 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary < Saturday 25 April
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 April 20 18:14 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, when we had the new fence put up she had a go but behind the fence, the f word was flourishing no end, I  came in and shut the door,  I can't handle arguments, they are not nice people at all, problem is, if we put our house up for sale we would have to let on if there has been any arguments, for 2 pins I would go and live in a retirement apartment but I like my house and my neighbour I share the drive with, looks as if I will have to put up and shut up as I think the saying is.

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 April 20 18:26 BST (UK) »
That's not a nice thing to have to deal with. I hate confrontation too, some people are all mouth until they're face to face with you, then they lose their confidence. Could be worth a try but not if it's going to cause more problems.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 April 20 19:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you Roobarb
Thankfully it might only be weekends, I hope they return to work tomorrow

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 April 20 20:49 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, JenB is right.  I am fine it is just I have been working long day shifts.  Friday was last shift - a 12 hour shift with long commute.  Now I am on a block of nightshifts starting tonight.  So just catching up now for Saturday.  Hardly worth mentioning today, Sunday, as I just pottered about.  Anyway, here is a late entry catch up for Saturday ..  :)

Woke up at 6 am wondering what day it is and which shift I might be on.  Then it dawns on me that I have finished three long day shifts and today is a day off.  Wonderful thought!  Then I remember that I need to get up quick, to put the garden  recycling bin out.    When I got in around midnight last night, my mind gave me the usual message when I contemplate putting the bin out so late ..  'Don't go out in the garden there might be an intruder lurking about there'.  Looking out in the ominous darkness I think 'okay, I stay put in the house now'.  Now at 6 am, it is light outside and my mind seems to say 'All clear now .. no intruder in the garden' and with a groan I get up and put my coat on and drag the bin out to the kerb.  My lawns have been looking in quite good shape recently due to my gadding about being cut right back on days off.  However, I have noticed that public grass areas locally are well overgrown and dandelions are out in great numbers.

I have some breakfast and go back to bed.  I feel so tired and lacking in energy. 

After a lie in I walk to the shops.  My eyes light up when I see there is some flour in at long last!  I get a bag of both plain and self raising.  Flour seems to be the 'must have' item in Britain at the moment .. rather like toilet rolls were a short while back.  I see one young man practically pounce on the flour when he sees this.  He goes away but then a minute later comes back and adds yet another bag in his trolley "It's not for me it's for my parents" he tells another young man standing nearby.  The latter laughs and says "I believe you, thousands wouldn't."  I wonder what was behind the recent shortage of flour?  Could it be that after all the  decluttering, d.i.y. and gardening, baking might have become the latest British craze?

I didn't do much for the rest of the day - I am too tired and worn out.  I read a little in the evening and chat to my son on the phone.  It is good to be assured by him that they are all alright and I let him know I am alright too.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 26 April 20 21:08 BST (UK) »
I believe there is plenty of flour but the people in the packing areas of the producers are on furlough,so no staff.
I have no proof ,just someone told me.Seems likely.

I too often do not know which day it is, no newspaper or TVmag .
We have no newsagents in our town where previously there were three.
Three supermarkets now and they sell papers and mags,but no deliveries of course.
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 April 20 21:36 BST (UK) »
You could well be right Viktoria.

Well, I think I had better sign out now as once again I think it is that time of night at the station to start hunting for a bus driver and to warm myself up for a very fast run ..  :-\
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 26 April 20 23:23 BST (UK) »
Prepacked flour seems to have disappeared from my area too. However on my last trip to my local Morrisons, the shelf had paper bags of strong white bread flour, packaged in-store from the bakery department's commercial supplies.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 26 April 20 23:41 BST (UK) »
Glad you're okay RTL, gadding about seems a distant memory, let's hope it's not too long before it resumes. In the meantime, hope the bus driver put in an appearance at the right time.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales