Author Topic: Edwin PITT (born 1859 - Somerset). Looking for further information on parents  (Read 1153 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin PITT (born 1859 - Somerset). Looking for further information on parents
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 April 20 15:53 BST (UK) »
The Clifton Registration District only ever contained Gloucestershire parishes ;D
https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/clifton.html

I was born in Bristol, but grew up in North Somerset!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin PITT (born 1859 - Somerset). Looking for further information on parents
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 April 20 16:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you Debra. Gosh, yes! I think that is him.  That is definitely the date of his death - 13th of April 1922 - and it does make him 71 when he died!  That original post on the Ancestry page I was looking at must to be incorrect.  He must have been born in 1851.  Thanks also for the heads up re: the printout.  Will look into this.

And thank you "Mckha489"  and "heywood"  - That Australian/Queensland connection would make a lot of sense! That's probably why I have been having trouble finding them. The confusing part has also come as a result of Edwin (Phebe's husband) having gone by both 'Edwin' and 'Edward' at different times.  I just need to somehow confirm that they had Leonard, Linda Annie .. and Edwin (among others perhaps), and figure out how Edwin junior ended up in New Zealand.  I don't believe his parents ever settled in New Zealand - the assumption was made that they were still based in the UK.

I am so grateful to everyone who has taken time to answer my posts! :-)  :D ....

I think the Edwin who emigrated to Australia was married to Phoebe  and born abt 1859. Mckha489 posted that they are to be found in Australia later so does not seem to be your Edwin.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 27 April 20 11:14 BST (UK) »
NZ Certificates are incredible with the info they contain.

As already said you need some to continue with your research, :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)