Author Topic: Pauline and Betty in Dublin early70s.  (Read 319 times)

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pauline and Betty in Dublin early70s.
« on: Sunday 26 April 20 23:00 BST (UK) »
repair needed for these two pals.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pauline and Betty in Dublin early70s.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 April 20 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Grizzly, You have already posted a photo for repair that you have not yet responded to here:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=829582.0

We are volunteers who do it, as we enjoy repairing photos but would have appreciated a response for the work that we have done on your behalf. This photo was very damaged and took a considerable amount of time to repair.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 April 20 11:08 BST (UK) »
A please would  be nice too
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 April 20 13:46 BST (UK) »
My try. :)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 April 20 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Trishanne, I am very aware that the work carried out on Rootschat is 'Voluntary' simply because I have contributed and attempted to help many on many 'queries' and Posts for apprx 10 year's since I became a 'member' and I have always appreciated the great help by 'all' Rootschat member's.

The reason why I did not acknowledge the 'Harty place' Photo repair is very simple, so let me clarify/explain..from experience I have noticed that when a Photo is posted for repair/dating etc, members often take time to post their 'attempts', sometimes there are several various attempts over a period of time (week/month) as various experiments with the Photo may be more successful than others im inclined to wait and see ALL results before I comment (I would never ever dream of stating one is better than the other)

So please take the above reasoning into account when you come across a similar situation/post, as giving feedback immediately may not always be the right/honest thing to do as first impressions are not always the best?

My lack of manner's in leaving out the 'Please' in this photo was down to my error in rushing the Photo, I did so without 'identifying'- 'dating' and was rushing to add before the photo went to admin for permission to publish...I think if you check you might note that I have only used the Photo forum on Rootschat less than 4-5 times, so am not quite familiar, but if you check my other Post/Replies throughout the Site you will see that I actually do have a level of manner's/appreciation.

Thank you for your input, it is appreciated, Keep safe, Regs Don.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 April 20 14:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply Don, I am pleased you appreciate  all the work we do.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 April 20 15:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Don, Thanks for your response, It is often better to give a general thank you for the work"so far" as this will bring your photo back up the board for the attention of restorers who previously hadn't worked on it.

It is seen as "Board Etiquette" to finish one post before making a second request as it may appear that you have "overlooked" or "Forgotten" that you have an outstanding post, but I appreciate that not everyone is aware of this.

We are all in this as a hobby and are a team, there is no competition between the restorers, in fact we are quite happy when a really exceptional piece of work results in praise, we often praise each other as that is often the motivation to go the extra mile.
Stay Safe.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 April 20 19:51 BST (UK) »
It goes without saying that the repair work is a massive improvement on a Photo that was in an old suitcase for nearly 50 years, the childhood Pal's are still friend's I now intend to make a present of the photo for a special birthday which one will be celebrating soon.
Thought you might like to know the story behind it.
Much appreciated and Thank you..stay safe.