Author Topic: Diary - Sunday 26th April  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Diary - Sunday 26th April
« on: Sunday 26 April 20 23:51 BST (UK) »
Starting another day.... Sunday today I think... oh yes because the papers lying on the doormat!
Had a dreadful nights sleep, woke early with toothache, took a paracetamol and tried to go back to sleep... tossed and turned and gave up in the end...
Messaged my son in Brisbane and we agreed to have a FaceTime once we were up and about..
Usual breakfast, sunny day again outside, so great to be able to open all the windows and hear the birds singing away and breath in the fresh air..no noise at the moment..
Spoke to our son for a good couple of hours, comparing notes between UK and Aus... certainly more strict in some areas than here, no crossing state lines unless for valid reason... anyone coming into the country isolate in hotels for 14 days.... not like here where people returning in droves and being trusted to isolate without any checks!
Lunchtime when we finally finished, usual sandwich
Two lots of washing done out on the line to dry
Decided we'd have a rest today after out 6 mike walk yesterday so sat in the garden and had two games of scrabble! I'm loosing 6-5 now ☹️😢
Peace and quiet spoilt by motor bikes roaring noisily up and down main round and you hear them coming for a long time as Road almost wraps round he Village. OH ended up,phoning the police who were all nice as pies could even hear the on her end of the phone said how dreadful noise was... but that was it! Infact it was noisier after OH hadcalled...
Listened to daily briefing... think they're waiting for Boris to return before we hear what's next...
Dinner, nice baked gammon joint with new pots and veg with cider and onion sauce.
Watched some tv.. not much worth watching so early bed...
Busy on FB as I've joined local group making scrubs... once I get patterns sorted..  must see the headbands tomorrow and get cracking.

A nothing day really... another one...

Keep your chins up everyone and thanks to Pharma and RTL for all your hard work, I take my hat off to you both and all your colleagues and hopeby making some scrubs etc will help.

Night all

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Sunday 26th April
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 April 20 00:22 BST (UK) »
Caroline, I hope you find that your dentist is accepting patients, and that you can get your tooth seen to immediately. You would expect/ hope some will be open for emergencies.  :-\

In the mean time, oil of cloves is supposed to relieve toothache - usually sold in chemists, but maybe supermarkets as well.

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 April 20 01:11 BST (UK) »
Late to post as I’ have been finishing a film.

A late start to my morning and not my usual park walk either today.  I attended ‘digital Mass’ needing a bit of spiritual guidance.  Parts a bit hard to hear but in general ok.

A late lunch and family walk. Spotted the “eagle” before we left, being harried  today by no less than 4 seagulls and 2 crows. He seems to be a glutton for punishment!

We went further afield today, still within the prescribed guidelines. A good few people about. We even spotted an ice cream van!  Nice to be out and enjoy the sunshine both which are so important for your state of mind.

Our now regular Zoom family quiz night, a chicken tray bake tea, and evening of telly viewing. Sunday seems to be the better of all the nights.

Didn’t bother with the governments propaganda programme today though will be avidly viewing tomorrow to hear what Boris is proposing. If he doesn’t give us a clue soon I’m fairly certain the masses will be directing our next move.

Good to hear everyone’s news, stoic resolve, and of course admiration for our key workers.

Stay safe!
CD

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 April 20 08:33 BST (UK) »
Caroline, I hope you find that your dentist is accepting patients, and that you can get your tooth seen to immediately. You would expect/ hope some will be open for emergencies.  :-\

In the mean time, oil of cloves is supposed to relieve toothache - usually sold in chemists, but maybe supermarkets as well.

Thanks Ruskie- it's not what one needs at the moment - we had our check up on May 6th but they phoned few weeks ago to change it until July so I not expecting them to be open 😢
But will give them a call to see...
woke  this morning to find it's not sore at all!
 Thanks for your advice, friend going to the chemist later in the week and said if we needed anything she'd oblige so might take her up on it and get some oil of cloves!

Caroline

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 April 20 08:53 BST (UK) »
I’m glad that the toothache has eased Caroline. I understand that all routine procedures/appointments (medical and dental) would have been cancelled, but you would hope anyone in pain would be seen to. I hope you continue to be pain free and/or get yourself a dental appointment.  :)

Offline oldfashionedgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 April 20 09:47 BST (UK) »
I had an email from my dentist a while back to say that that you could phone them for advice and that they would treat you if it was an emergency. I also read somewhere that a dentist would pull a tooth but not fill one at the moment. Either way if you call them they should be able to help you get stronger pain killers or antibiotics if you think it may be an infection.
Hope you get sorted, tooth ache is so miserable.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 April 20 12:39 BST (UK) »
I wonder what the reason would be for pulling a tooth rather than filling it. I didn't think dentists these days were too keen on pulling a tooth if it can be saved.  :-\

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 April 20 13:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your advice Ruskie & oldfashionedgirl.... I'm keeping 🤞🤞as it seems to be much improved today and no pain... even when eating. I have been able to brush my teeth with my usual electric brush with no problems didn't hurt at all... very odd.
I'm hoping it's gone!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile