Author Topic: William Pickering  (Read 595 times)

Offline pepa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Pickering
« on: Thursday 30 April 20 14:02 BST (UK) »
Looking for the cemetery and the stone of William Pickering who died June 13 1892 Sculcoates East Riding Yorkshire, might be in Holy Trinity Kingston-Upon Hull. Wife is Ann. In the 1891 census they lived at 162 Cheltem Street, Newington. Any information on William and Ann is greatly appreciated. Don't know when she died but 1891 she was 57.  Thank you.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Pickering
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 April 20 14:06 BST (UK) »
That would that be Chiltern Street?

I have a couple of books of MIs for the Western Cemetery on Spring Bank so I will have a look for you. Do bear in mind that there may not be a headstone.

Did they have the pub "The Gardeners Arms" on Cottingham Road by any chance?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline pepa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 April 20 14:15 BST (UK) »
William Pickering was a gardener and in 1881 they lived at 9 Havelock St. Newington. 2 children Mary E. and in 1881 was 16 and son William J. was 15. She was a general serv. Dom. and he was a grocers Assistant.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 April 20 14:24 BST (UK) »
Ok...I don't have an entry for them in the books I have but there are other books that  I don't have.
My reason for asking is that I have done work on the Pickering Family for my neighbour some years ago, one of whom was Ann Pickering.
Where did you get the exact date of death from, do you have the certificate?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 April 20 14:37 BST (UK) »
So William was born in 1814 in Middleton and wife Ann was born in was born 1834 In Killingholme, Lincoln...is that right?

Carol

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 30 April 20 14:41 BST (UK) »
Ann died age 68, Sculcoates, M Q 1901. She was living with her grandaughter, Beatrice in 1901 census

Offline pepa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 April 20 20:04 BST (UK) »
I have no death notices. Someone had sent me from Ancestry William Pickering death 1892 age 78 ASculcoates Vol 9d page 121.  And Ann age 68 Sculcoates MQ1901 living with her grand daughter Beatrice in 1901 census.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 30 April 20 23:27 BST (UK) »
There are two William Pickerings listed on freebmd who died in Hull and Sculcoates in 1892 both age 78, one in June qtr. and one in December qtr.
Carol

Offline pepa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 May 20 13:38 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure if William Pickering died now in 1892 June or Dec. wondering if it mentions his wife Ann or the cemetery, as they both lived in Sculcoates. I do know he had a daughter Mary Ellen who in Dec. 23 1883 lived on Havelock St. in the Parish of Newington, York and was 19 when she married George Wilson, 23, he was a fireman living on Carlton St. Father John was a Labourer.