Author Topic: Lack of progress (while staying safe)  (Read 3687 times)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of progress (while staying safe)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 May 20 12:40 BST (UK) »
You are putting far too much pressure on yourself.  Set yourself some easier, more achievable targets.  Nobody could clean their house every day, work full time, cope with two children along with all the other things we are all dealing with now.  Decide what really needs to be done and try your best.  If it doesn't get done today, well, there's another day tomorrow.  Keep to your priorities - your children, your work, yourself.  Nobody is asking more of you than that.

Rishile

Not 100% true, my ex reports that the house is fillthy and not good enough at housework.  He will bring up what every other 'proper person' has achieved in lockdown when back in court so cannot risk falling short
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 May 20 12:59 BST (UK) »
Lots of good advice pharmaT.

Since lockdown we have been given all those "must do" things on Social Media etc. What a lot of cobblers. The only difference between then and now are the restrictions put on us by the Government. Rightly so to keep everyone safe and well.

Working full time and having 2 children to bring up is not easy at the best of times and it is even more difficult now. I don't know the ages of your girls but getting kids to help in the house is easier said than done even before lockdown.

Please do not beat yourself up because your house is not in pristine condition. Who's is ? I always say it is a home not a show house.

If your ex doesn't like it then too bad. He is not living under the same pressure as you.

Take care and always remember you are a good mother and a worthwhile person.

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 02 May 20 13:02 BST (UK) »
PharmaT take a breath, you are letting your ex bully you.  If you keep this up you will become ill.  Then what will happen to your children.  I would rank as a poor housekeeper but no one took my son off me.  I worked full time and looked after son and aged and ailing parents.  I made sure things were clean, we had food on the table and a roof over our heads.  They were the important things.
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Janes - Keynsham and Bristol area.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 May 20 13:35 BST (UK) »
Good God PharmaT,
You take notice of your ex?
ex = has been!
Maggsie

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 02 May 20 13:46 BST (UK) »
A team member on "The News Quiz"  admitted that he's more exhausted now than he was when covering Brexit and other big news stories. Reason - he's trying to combine working at home with being a teacher to his children.
My grandmother gave my mother excellent advice when she had children - look after the children first -  as long as they are healthy and there's enough food - housework and everything else can wait. That grandmother, when the mother of 2 small daughters,  survived a bout of Spanish 'flu. 
Cowban

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 02 May 20 13:51 BST (UK) »
My grandmother gave my mother excellent advice when she had children - look after the children first -  as long as they are healthy and there's enough food - housework and everything else can wait. That grandmother, when the mother of 2 small daughters,  survived a bout of Spanish 'flu.
I assume she also survived WW1, probably with a husband serving in the Forces with all the problems and worries that entailed as did my Great-grandmother with four small children.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 02 May 20 13:54 BST (UK) »
Good God PharmaT,
You take notice of your ex?
ex = has been!
Maggsie

No I take notice of the courts and SW.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 02 May 20 14:08 BST (UK) »
Reading between the lines Pharma T  --- he is harrassing you ----    oops I wrote what I felt and had to delete it.. oh dear...

Take care please and do not give in to his   'gaslighting ways'

xin

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 02 May 20 14:16 BST (UK) »
I assume she also survived WW1, probably with a husband serving in the Forces with all the problems and worries that entailed as did my Great-grandmother with four small children.

Rishile

Yes. Plus unemployment & poverty in 1920s & '30's, deaths of children + years of debt due to hospital fees for a sick child.
"Crafting" for her was making rag rugs to cover bare floors, knitting needed socks and altering clothes.
Cowban