Author Topic: 6th gens  (Read 483 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
6th gens
« on: Sunday 03 May 20 08:46 BST (UK) »
I have --- at last count   86 6 x great grandparents in my tree :)  Well Now I have counted again and it is 124  --- don't tell me I cannot even add up now... !!!

They wouldn't be in there without documentation -- so they are all 97% positive :)  maybe even 98%   ha ha...   

I went through them yesterday to attempt to check and double check and yes ... they seem to be correct..
The only problem is in those days -- son was named after father until there were 10 Roberts in the same Village born within days of each other.. and MARY's  even worse...   SO   I hope they are all correct... :)
 xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 6th gens
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 May 20 09:13 BST (UK) »
Must be bored --- counting dead rellies!!!

actually waiting for the sun to come out :)

xin

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 May 20 10:03 BST (UK) »
Great work Xin,
I only have 21 and three halves (first name only on the grannies) and it has taken me over a decade just to get that far. Having two problem great grandfathers (one illegitimate and one who appear to have reinvented himself in his forties) means there is a lot of work still to do to find some of them and on others I am hindered by lack of paper trail for Non-Conformists around the England/Scotland border. Unfortunately irregular Border Marriages are not always documented and not all Presbyterian baptism registers have made their way to the archives.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 May 20 11:17 BST (UK) »
It has been many  many years and quite a lot of pennies spent.. PLUS oodles of help on here... so well worth it... I want (which I never will be able to do) is remember all their names as I fall asleep :)  silly isnt it... but I do.

I have nearly all 5ths   just as you say .. when there is one without a Daddy it messes up. .. and I have 3 or 4 .. oh dear...

Never mind..

Garden quick b4 the rain.

xin