Author Topic: Sarah Kincaid  (Read 1704 times)

Offline rewphoor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sarah Kincaid
« on: Sunday 03 May 20 10:58 BST (UK) »
I have "lost" one of my great aunts due to the very confused trail she has left behind, can anyone help please. Born Sarah Kincaid in 1904 in Glasgow but known as Sadie. She emigrated to Canada around 1921 . Having initially lost contact with her, her sister Frances and her widowed mother Isabella travelled to Canada later the same year to look for her, and found her in Windsor, Ontario. Having found her, they both remained there.
Now called Sally, she married William Hudson and later Joseph L. Benson but I can find no record of either marriage or her death. in 1928/29/30 I have her living at Jeanette Ave Windsor.

Frances married and I have all her details, but I can find no record of Isabella's death.

Sarah/Sadie/Sally. Kincaid/Hudson/Benson    ??????

Any help would be appreciated

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Kincaid
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 May 20 11:43 BST (UK) »
You don't name her parents, but there's a marriage in Essex County in 1927 which may be her:  Sadie Kincaid, aged 23, single, stenographer, b. Coatbridge Scotland, daughter of John Kincaid & Mary McGhee, of Walkerville, married George Sidney Nash, aged 21, single, b. England, of Detroit,  son of Sidney G. Nash & Gertrude Drudge(?), married 16 July 1927 at Windsor.

EDIT:  I see on her passenger record that her mother is Isa(?), so probably not the one noted above.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 May 20 11:58 BST (UK) »
Online tree has her married later to a Gary Vern Schrock and naturalized in Florida where she passed away in February 1968.  A bit mixed up, but naturalization petition says she was born May 27, 1903 in Glasgow, previous married name was Ball. Indicates that she has no children.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 May 20 12:05 BST (UK) »
1952 border crossing record into US has her as Sarah Kincaid Ball, born Glasgow, 27 May 1903, last permanent residence is 765 Patington Avenue, Windsor, next of kin in Canada is her brother William at 335 Goyeau Street, Windsor; bound for her sister Mrs. Frances Summers, 9590 Strathmoor Avenue, Detroit.

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 May 20 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,

She crosses the border at Detroit in June 1952 as a Ball.
Ball, Sarah Kincaid, b. Glasgow, 5-27-03, married, telephone operator, of 765 Patington Ave.,
Windsor, relative in Canada brother Wm. Kincaid, 335 Goyear, Windsor, destined to sis.
Frances Summers, 9590 Strathmoor Ave, Detroit, Michigan, and  to reside permanently.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9P1P-8FS?i=2862&cc=1916040&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AKZ1F-18C

DB

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 May 20 12:16 BST (UK) »
Oops sorry Eileen,  :) I was on the phone at the same and didn't pay attention.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 03 May 20 12:18 BST (UK) »
NP.  S ;)

He wasn't married very long as husband died about four months after the marriage.  Online tree has her dying in Florida as Miss Sarah Kincaid (with obit).  Not sure about marriages to Hudson or Benson, and the Ball one likely happened in the US according to another tree.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 May 20 12:28 BST (UK) »
Her mother's obituary in Windsor in 1950 gives her surviving children including Mrs. D.R. Ball (Sally) of Hamilton, Ontario, Mrs. William (Isabelle) Hudson of Windsor, Mrs. Robert (Jean) Russell & Mrs. Robert (May) Patterson of Scotland, Mrs. Wilson (Frances) of Detroit and son William of Windsor. Perhaps the Hudson marriage is confused for the one to another sister.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 03 May 20 12:38 BST (UK) »
Obituary for her brother William in 1969 names his sister as Mrs. Joseph (Sally) Benson of Fort Lauderdale so the obit for the Miss Sadie Kincaid in Florida in 1968 is likely incorrect.