Author Topic: Taken in St.Helens Lancs place unkown  (Read 422 times)

Offline marrle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Taken in St.Helens Lancs place unkown
« on: Sunday 03 May 20 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Unsure where the photo was taken, can anyone date it for me please.

Thanks Margie

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Taken in St.Helens Lancs place unkown
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 May 20 22:41 BST (UK) »
My guess would be 1940s.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline DanNC

• RootsChat Member
  • William Day (1834-1902)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 May 20 11:36 BST (UK) »
I had to have a go at it   ;)

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 May 20 15:44 BST (UK) »
No ashtrays or beer on the tables!
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline marrle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 May 20 15:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Carol,
Sent it to a relative who thinks our Grandmother is the lady in front of the lady standing at the back she has her hand on the shoulders of our Gran ??
If that is the case Winifred was born 1888, not very good with dating photos they look older than 52 plus what do you think ??

Dan NC
Thank you so much brings it to life for me amazing .

purlin

I know very strange .

Thank you to you all Margie

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 04 May 20 16:14 BST (UK) »
It could be late decade but I still think it's 1940s based on photos I have, the shoulders on the ladies sleeves are a big clue.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 May 20 19:03 BST (UK) »
Must say brilliantly well done DanNC!   Must be Magic and not a sign of smoke and mirrors in sight.  You could submit it to Penn & Teller and see if they can find your secret.  I'm amazed, does this mean I'll need to forgo my Freebie paint program and actually part wi' some bawbees for a Paid-for app? Slainge mhath!
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 04 May 20 19:10 BST (UK) »
I was going to say the same thing...It's a cracking restore ..:)
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline DanNC

• RootsChat Member
  • William Day (1834-1902)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 04 May 20 21:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you. ;D Having a large photo that's clear and clean always makes it a lot easier. I use Photoshop Elements, the baby brother of the "real" Photoshop. It has what I need, so I haven't updated it in ten years. The current version sells here for $100, about £80 for you.