Author Topic: Antanis Caraukus of Lithuania and Androscoggin County in Maine  (Read 358 times)

Offline smokas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Antanis Caraukus of Lithuania and Androscoggin County in Maine
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am interested in Jeronimas Malinauskas, who was mentioned here. Could someone contact me, I just found this site via google looking for Jeronimas.

Thank you RJ137, those documents really help confirm and fill the story in and they might lead to some American cousins for my friend who I am researching for.

I've also been posting on a Lithuanian genealogy group on Facebook and I've found a bit more there too. I don't think I can link as it's a private group.

Annie Dulkenis was born Ona, daughter of Jonas Dulksnius and Juozapota Tučiūtė from Kikoniai village near Kupiskis, Lithuania. She was born on 4 July 1877. Her godparents were Adomas Jackus and Ona, wife of Jeronimas Malinauskas. Jeronimas and Ona Malinauskas were my friend's great grandparents, parents of her grandfather Kasimir Malinauskas. Ona Malinauskus had the maiden name Tučiūtė so I suspect (and am trying to prove) that she was a sister of Juozapota Tučiūtė. The godparent relationship might be the reason why Kasimir Malinauskus gave Antanis Caraukus as a "brother-in-law" when he arrived at Ellis Island in 1906.

This is all starting to come together!