Author Topic: Diary - Tuesday 5 May 2020  (Read 940 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday 5 May 2020
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 18:45 BST (UK) »
Just continuing on from where I finished off last night ..

Last night turned out to be another runner night.   I was starting to get a bit anxious as sitting  waiting on second bus to work I noticed that we had run over time for departure.  I went to speak to the driver about it.  He was busy munching on an apple.  I launched into my spiel about being on nightshift and that I was going to be late etc.  Driver immediately agreed to get going.  I do occasionally find that these night time drivers can be more lax about keeping to their time table.

When we got to my destination I thanked the driver and he breezily called "You're welcome!".    I just hoped he looked in his rearview mirror as he pulled away and saw me having to run like billy-o to try to make up the lost time.   I did manage to arrive at work on time although somewhat out of breath.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 18:51 BST (UK) »
I hope your boss makes allowances for you if you are late, sounds as if you have  very tricky journey reliant on the  busses being on time which isn't always possible

Take care

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 19:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Louisa maud.  I hate being late.  I am needed to start on time otherwise I wouldn't bother to drivers to finish their coffee or their apple or their chat or whatever.  I am grateful that buses are still running but I just wish they all realised that it is as important to stick to their time tsble in the evening as much as through the day.

There that is my rant for the night over!  ;)

You take care too.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 19:17 BST (UK) »

My friend has made hundress of scrubs, masks and mop caps, she has asked for the materials and has had a good response , must admit my linen drawer is much depleted at the right time, all put to good use, silly me gave her every bit of my elastic and now I have had to almost make do and mend  for my own masks  but I don't mind, it is a good cause

This is a job well done to all who are involved

Take care

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 19:22 BST (UK) »
Here I am again, not sure what's going on with my laptop, it seems to have got really sensitive, unless I've inadvertently changed some setting I don't know about. Well it may seem over the top but I'm now typing this into a text document and will cut and paste it into Rootschat, I get so annoyed at wasting my time when it disappears. So it's now Wednesday but I'm writing as if it was Tuesday.

RTL, you always mange to give me a laugh in your posts, that's great in such times when they're few and far between. If your bus is late try to think about it as a positive for your cardio vascular system!

Re the washing of groceries, it would be very interesting to know if anyone has actually contracted the virus from their shopping but I realise there is no way to find that out. In the meantime I'd rather play it safe, that's partly because I'm not naturally a risk taker but mainly due to the nature of this disease and the fact that it attacks the lungs.

My diary for Tuesday:

Felt quite agitated all day. Spent quite a lot of time reading and watching bits of This Morning, they seem to be struggling with the content lately but I think they're doing a great job of keeping us entertained and informed.

Usual walk late morning, I'd been told that despite the lovely sunshine the wind was cold. It was pretty breezy and coming straight off the sea so I wore a heavier jacket. I soon regretted that as it didn't take me long to warm up.

Back home for lunch, then washed the rest of the tins from my delivery order. Was nice and warm in the back garden, a gorgeous day. Followed that up with some gardening.

I roasted the chicken I'd got in my supermarket delivery yesterday, did extra roasted veg so I can have a repeat meal without too much bother. The rest of the chicken will do me for the repeat and at least another three meals.

Watched Doc Martin, I've seen the episodes before but they're still entertaining.

My friend who is in hospital after her op phoned me, she's coming out tomorrow, hooray.

That's all folks!

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales