Author Topic: Exporting my tree to Ancestry & findmypast  (Read 1703 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Exporting my tree to Ancestry & findmypast
« on: Wednesday 06 May 20 10:01 BST (UK) »
I am a member of both the above and subscribe to FindMyPast, i have trees on both, i ref, my trees by the year they are created ie last year 2018,19, prev, year 2017,18, i normally have no problem exporting to the sites but this year i keep getting the same message from both  "This site can't be reached "       ERR_HTTP2_PING_FAILED.  Just for pigs sake i tried exporting again the one i did last year successfully , but i got the same reply ?. The only difference from my end is that last year i was Windows 7 "firefox" , this year i am Windows 10, Google, would this make a difference ?
                                                       bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting my tree to Ancestry & findmypast
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 10:07 BST (UK) »
What program are you using for your tree and did you create a new Gedcom?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 10:49 BST (UK) »
It would appear to be your browser which is producing the message, although I am certain that the sites would have tested with Chrome.

Is your Chrome up-to-date?

You could also try a different browser. Edge is almost certainly installed, and Internet Explorer may still be lurking.

Just to clarify, is it when you are uploading a gedcom, downloading one or doing something else? Does it appear straight away? If not, how long after making the request?
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

guest189040

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 10:52 BST (UK) »
The ERR message is browser related.

You say you are on Windows 10 and Google, by Google do you mean that you are using Google’s own browser which is Chrome?

If so try downloading and using Firefox, it is by far much superior to Chrome which I will not have installed on any computer.

Also your post does not make it clear how or what you are loading into the subscription sites.

Your post suggests to me that you are using a stand alone programme to maintain your tree and you export from this programme and import the tree into both Ancestry and FindMyPast.

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 11:13 BST (UK) »
Just wondered, do you just upload a new gedcom each year and leave the old trees there?  If so there might be a max number of trees per member on Ancestry?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 11:19 BST (UK) »
Just wondered, do you just upload a new gedcom each year and leave the old trees there?  If so there might be a max number of trees per member on Ancestry?

Pheno

Don't think so. The fault is common to both sites.

In any case, I have over a dozen trees on Ancestry, and our FHS has dozens on FindMyPast. The sites use all this data to help rel in new subscribers, so they wouldn't limit numbers.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 11:39 BST (UK) »
Is your FHS an Ancestry member then Andrew? (I've always thought of you as Andre Walston for some reason until I went to type it!)  How do your individual FHS members upload under this umbrella then?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 12:16 BST (UK) »
Gadget, Familysearch and yes converted to gedcom
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 12:19 BST (UK) »
Andrewalston, comes up a green background message downloading your tree, after about 2 mins the message this site cant be reached