Author Topic: Exporting my tree to Ancestry & findmypast  (Read 1705 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting my tree to Ancestry & findmypast
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 12:13 BST (UK) »
Started  to export with new heading, ab201819, ran for 2 mins then this message again

This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://tree.findmypast.co.uk/api/gedcom/ImportFamilyTreeTransform?familyTreeId=0&transformFormat=Gedcom&transformType=ImportNew might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

guest189040

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 16:27 BST (UK) »
Bodger

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR is a Browser error, try using a different Broswer.

If you still have a problem can I suggest a different tack?

Roots Magic Essential is free stand alone software that may be worth downloading, installing and then importing your Gedcom into that software and seeing what happens.

Offline broaway

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 May 20 11:32 BST (UK) »
just to put my tuppence worth in I had severe difficulties as I could not upload mine either
I discovered that windows 10 did  not support my ancestry disc when trying to upload and they advised me to purchase from the new owners,   I had to reset my PC as I had a problem with the operating system for some reason and then it went on ,  completely baffling at times
Now have FTM saved to memory stick and also using another site to along side FTM belt and braces
good luck Bodger

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 15 May 20 17:00 BST (UK) »
Colin, I down loaded the roots magic basic "free" , and no problem I uploaded :-Bodger 2018,19 straight away . so not sure where that leaves me with Ancestry & Find My Past ?
                                   thank you , bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,

guest189040

« Reply #22 on: Saturday 16 May 20 11:12 BST (UK) »
Good that Roots Magic Essential is working for you.

Now why not try installing other Browsers like Firefox and Safari and trying to load you Gedcom via these?

If you do have Chrome installed can I suggest that first you totally uninstall it and then download and run Ccleaner to remove all traces of Chrome from your system and from the Registry.

There are online tutorials in how to use Ccleaner that you can view.

When software is uninstalled, remnants are left behind and programs like Ccleaner remove these remnants to clean up the system.  The Registry is like a Start Up manual that the system uses to commence each process and as changes are made by software the Registry becomes cluttered and cleaner software removes the unwanted and unused clutter.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 16 May 20 13:08 BST (UK) »
Now why not try installing other Browsers like Firefox and Safari and trying to load you Gedcom via these?

No need. Microsoft Edge will already be there. It takes a lot of effort to remove it.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

guest189040

« Reply #24 on: Saturday 16 May 20 22:23 BST (UK) »

No need. Microsoft Edge will already be there. It takes a lot of effort to remove it.

No need to remove Edge it is not leading to the problem.

The error message is typical of Chrome and it is Chrome that I am suggesting is purged from their system

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 11:10 BST (UK) »
Colin/ Andrew, Just an update I used CC Cleaner to remove Google Chrome, and made Fire Fox my default browser, and successfully uploaded my ged file to Find My Past.
                                                Thank You All for your help, Tony aka bodger

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 18:07 BST (UK) »
Tony

. . . . .  and you now have how many separate copies of ( at least ) your ged files?
 :)
[ Had to build a new soapbox, prev one I broke when I fell off ]
R

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).