Author Topic: Confused about entry in the Armorial of Jersey  (Read 871 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Confused about entry in the Armorial of Jersey
« on: Thursday 07 May 20 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I’ve successfully traced a second branch of my Jersey forebears to the book, but am somewhat confused about this entry. Link here: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=IvIMAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA289&lpg=PA289&dq=abraham+messervy+jersey&source=bl&ots=MHhxklXgZa&sig=ACfU3U2IXppdUnVd_5SaueOBroAXQ3O8cQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjfg8Tk8qHpAhViTxUIHfooCBgQ6AEwA3oECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=abraham%20messervy%20jersey&f=false

Susan (in reality Susanne, the whole book has Anglicised the forenames) who married Abraham Messervy in 1601 confuses me. It says her father was Clement Dumaresq, and notes her as the youngest daughter and co-heir, as well as ‘co-representative of Dumaresq du Moris, De Bagot, Payn, Larbalastier, Messervy (eld. branch), and Crafford.’

I’ve searched online but found nothing directly referencing that. Can anyone please help me decipher the description?

I’d appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Confused about entry in the Armorial of Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 May 20 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Adam

I've sent you a PM.

Stewart