Author Topic: Daneil and John Evans WW1  (Read 258 times)

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Daneil and John Evans WW1
« on: Thursday 07 May 20 19:40 BST (UK) »
Some time ago I was found information relating to Aran/Aron Evans. First enlisted into the South Lancashire Regiment, number 242740 and then joined the Machine Gun Corps, number 138347. He enlisted at Burry Port.

I am struggling to find two brothers, Daniel and John Evans, I believe born in Pontypridd 1896/8, but as yet I have not found either birth registration, only a baptism for Daniel. In the 1911 Census four children had been born and all were alive, though there are some crossing-outs, so I am not 100% regarding John’s age or birthplace. They were travellers, working at fairs, which explains the different places of birth. During the war, fairs ceased and it seems the others were resident in the Carmarthen/Haverfordwest areas. Travellers tended to be patriotic, so there is a high probability that they also enlisted. During the war Aran married in Haverfordwest and their father Daniel, remarried in Carmarthen.

I know this is a long-shot, especially with such common names, but I have looked everywhere, including Rootschat, found possible records, but without sufficient information to identify them.