Author Topic: Any descendents of Penroses around Arklow 1800 onwards  (Read 13751 times)

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Any descendents of Penroses around Arklow 1800 onwards
« on: Tuesday 23 August 05 06:39 BST (UK) »
Looking for descendents of Robert, Richard, Arthur, Michael and Thomas Penrose, from parishes Castlemacadam, Duganstown, Rathdrum, Barndarrig, Kilbride.  Hoping to be related to my Christopher Penrose who married Catherine Doyle.  Any time. I only know that Christopher may have died in the Rathdrum workhouse before 1849.
 ;D
Kathleen
Frost, Jarvis, Bower, King, Whiles, Dawson, Ross, McKenzie, Clemson, Eagles, Stanton, Gale, Sharpe, Newson, Hines, Howard, Williams, Watkins, Cupitt, Penrose,Carey, Tuck, Malyon, Moore, Bensley, Nunn, Doyle.

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Any descendents of Penroses around Arklow 1800 onwards
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 October 05 15:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathleen,
Have you tried this site. It only lists heads of family in 1853 or thereabouts.
/www.failteromhat.com/wicklow.htm

Brian
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 October 05 09:41 BST (UK) »
Dear Brian
Thank you for the site.  ;D I had a look and found Michael and Thomas.  Where could I go from here?  I know irish records are difficult to research and there isn't much on-line yet.  I live in Oz so unfortunately I have to rely on websites or the generosity of Rootschatters, like yourself. ;) ;)
Thank you again 8)
Kathleen
Frost, Jarvis, Bower, King, Whiles, Dawson, Ross, McKenzie, Clemson, Eagles, Stanton, Gale, Sharpe, Newson, Hines, Howard, Williams, Watkins, Cupitt, Penrose,Carey, Tuck, Malyon, Moore, Bensley, Nunn, Doyle.

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 October 05 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathleen,
It's difficult progressing from here. There are a few sites that give some indications of BMD in Wicklow e.g.
www.genealogylinks.net/uk/ireland/wicklow.htm
I have had to make a journey from Eastern England to Dublin to try to move my own family back in time and have halted at 1833. The only authoritative records are kept in the National Archives in Dublin but they are not online.
Try putting the question in Google 'Wicklow parish records 1800's' and see what comes up?
Best of luck
Brian
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 October 05 13:49 BST (UK) »
Dear Brian ;D
I have just "Googled" and it has brought up many, many sites. 8) I have had a very quick look but I have run out of time now. I will explore more tomorrow.  I do appreciate your time on my query.  And the best of luck to you with your family research.  ;) :) ;)
I suppose I am lucky that I  have only one Irish ancestor ::) ::)
and my dear Bridget was the reason that I started my family research and she is the only branch that I have not progressed with >:( >:( >:( :P
Best wishes
Kathleen

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 October 05 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathleen,
Happy hunting.
Hope you get what you are looking for.
Brian

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 13 October 05 12:18 BST (UK) »
Dear Brian........thank you for everything.......I now have some really good avenues for research. 8).......I am very excited as I know I will find my Bridget.........many thanks from a happy lady ;D ;D ;D
Kathleen

Offline Cara

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my "profile" yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Penrose Married Eliza Doyle 5/11/1838 in the parish of Avoca RC
witnessed by Anty Kavanagh and Samuel Tyndall
----------------
William Penrose fathered Eliza and she in turn married  William Fisher in Rathdrum 11/2/1852

-----------------
Simon Gafney married  Bess penrose on the 11/1/1837 in the Parish of Avoca Co Wicklow Ireland
the marriage was witnessed by Michael Brady and Bridget Bolger

I may have baptism of some of the children I simply have not loaded the data to my data base
contact me if you need me to look ..........and I will then send you on an email address

Cara
ps that is if you dont already have it

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Dear Cara......Thanks so much for your messages.  I would love you to look for me as I would like to find as many Penroses' as possible as this branch is a bit of a mystery so please foreward the email address.   Maybe the Bess Penrose you mentioned could be a sister to my Christopher as the dates fit. 
I will write to the Parish Priest but what address to you think would be correct?  Would
Parish Priest
Rathdrum
Co. Wicklow...............be sufficient??
Thanks also for telling me about the stone and graveyard at the workhouse as that saves me a lot of time fruitless searching.
Thank you again
Kathleen