Author Topic: Unable to find marriage for Robert W Aynsley  (Read 921 times)

Offline PaulThommo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Steady Aim
    • View Profile
Unable to find marriage for Robert W Aynsley
« on: Friday 08 May 20 05:01 BST (UK) »
Good morning Rootschatters I hope I find you all well during this trying period. With time on my hands I have been spreading the family tree and looking at 2 x Great Aunts/Uncles and help required with this one.
Margaret Isabella Frazer b. 24 February 1856 in South Shields (parents James & Hannah Frazer) married a Robert W. (I think Walsh) Aynsley (born July-Sept 1852 Tynemouth/North Shields) between 1871 & 1881, however I am unable to find the wedding. I have picked those years as in the 1871 census she was a servant (single)working for the Robinson family in Westoe, South Shields and he was living with the Ward family (he was a nephew and marital status is unknown) also in South Shields. The 1881 census has them married and living in Salmon Street, Westoe, South Shields with children Isabella (4)  and Robert (1).
Any help in finding the missing information would be appreciated. Many thanks Paul
Thompson - Stokesley, Great Ayton, Little Ayton &  Easby Nth Yorkshire. Westoe, South Shields, Gateshead
Dobson - Westoe & South Shields
Jefferson - South Shields
Rippon - Jarrow & South Shields
Purves & Harvey - South Shields

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to find marriage for Robert W Aynsley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 May 20 05:29 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon, from Oz.

From FreeBMD:

Sep 1874 Cardiff 11a 365
AYNSLEY Robert Walsh
FRAZER Margaret Isabella   

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 May 20 05:33 BST (UK) »

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 May 20 05:41 BST (UK) »
The 1881 mentioned: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q271-K9H6

1891, has incorrect age for daughter Sarah: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:WV53-Q6Z

AYNSLEY, ISABELLA mmn FRASER 
GRO Reference: 1876  S Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 748

AINSLEY, ROBERT  WELCH mmn FRASER 
GRO Reference: 1879  S Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 699
Death:
AYNSLEY, ROBERT  WALSH  62 
GRO Reference: 1942  M Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 1071

AINSLEY, SARAH  ANN mmn FRAZER 
GRO Reference: 1882  M Quarter in OF SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 696

Death:

AYNSLEY, MARGARET  ISABELLA 34 
GRO Reference: 1889  D Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 436

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 May 20 06:16 BST (UK) »
I think this is Robert in 1861, but I can’t see a marriage for Henry and Isabella:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M7NT-8LX

AYNSLEY, GEORGE  HENRY mmn WALSH 
GRO Reference: 1846  D Quarter in TYNEMOUTH UNION  Volume 25  Page 423

AYNSLEY, SARAH  JANE mmn WALSH 
GRO Reference: 1848  D Quarter in TYNEMOUTH UNION  Volume 25  Page 467

AYNSLEY, ROBERT mmn WALSH 
GRO Reference: 1852  S Quarter in TYNEMOUTH  Volume 10B  Page 110

1851 has mother as Ann: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:SGX4-QBS

I think it may have been a second marriage:

Dec 1859 Newcastle,T 10b 139
ANSLEY Henry
CHAPMAN Isabella Hannah

I can’t see Henry in 1871. Possible death:

AYNSLEY, HENRY  44 
GRO Reference: 1865  M Quarter in TYNEMOUTH  Volume 10B  Page 123

Was Ann previously married?

The only marriage I can see:

Sep 1845 South Shields 24 165
ANSLEY Henry
SPOOR/S Ann

Jamjar

Offline PaulThommo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Steady Aim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 May 20 07:17 BST (UK) »
The 1881 mentioned: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q271-K9H6

1891, has incorrect age for daughter Sarah: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:WV53-Q6Z

AYNSLEY, ISABELLA mmn FRASER 
GRO Reference: 1876  S Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 748

AINSLEY, ROBERT  WELCH mmn FRASER 
GRO Reference: 1879  S Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 699
Death:
AYNSLEY, ROBERT  WALSH  62 
GRO Reference: 1942  M Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 1071

AINSLEY, SARAH  ANN mmn FRAZER 
GRO Reference: 1882  M Quarter in OF SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 696

Death:

AYNSLEY, MARGARET  ISABELLA 34 
GRO Reference: 1889  D Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS  Volume 10A  Page 436

Jamjar
Thanks Jamjar for the quick response and good afternoon from WA where luckily we have had only 8 deaths, 4 of those from a cruise ship that had to dock in Fremantle and the other 4 were people returning from o'seas.
Thanks for finding the wedding, both from S. Shields and they get married in Cardiff!!!!Mind you his occupation was in 1881 a sea going engineer.
Yes was aware of the incorrect age of Sarah in 1891 census, she should have been 9
Was aware of Margarets death in 1889, however I have Robert as dying 6 November 1892, I can't  find him on the 1901 or 1911 census. 1901 census has Sarah Ann (listed as Annie 19) living with her aunt Harriott Frazer in South Shields. and Robert W Aynsley (son) is a boarder with the Harper family their daughter Ada he would marry a year later. I have Isabella in 1901 living with the Robson family as a servant/cook in South Shields, he was a clergyman, church of England. You have her dying in 1882, but she is still alive in 1891 census living with father and also Hannah Frazer in Salmon Street, S/S.
The death of Robert Walsh Aynsley in 1942 would be the son, who was born in 1879. There is also another death for a Robert W Aynsley in S/S in 1930, Robert jnr also had a son Robert Walsh (b. 1907/8 so that could be him.
My only query about Robert (snr) death in 1892 is that the probate the beneficiary's name was Sarah Ward and not any members of his married family. However 1871 census finds him living with the Ward family (he is a nephew) in South Shields. The people living there includes Sarah Ward and also Sarah Aynsley (his sister). I will have to scratch my head and think about that one.
Once again many thanks for helping out
Thompson - Stokesley, Great Ayton, Little Ayton &  Easby Nth Yorkshire. Westoe, South Shields, Gateshead

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 May 20 07:38 BST (UK) »
I’m in Central West NSW, and have recovered from the virus, which I picked up during a grocery run to WAGGA.

You have her dying in 1882, but she is still alive in 1891 census living with father and also Hannah Frazer in Salmon Street, S/S.

I don’t have anyone dying in 1882.

The death of Robert Walsh Aynsley in 1942 would be the son, who was born in 1879

Yes, that is why his death is under his birth.

Have you got a copy of the probate? I wonder if it is a transcription error and he actually died in Brazil. From FamilySearch: Durham, Brazil, United Kingdom

I see no UK death registration for him.

Robert and Margaret’s marriage: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QGV8-7WPR

Jamjar

Offline PaulThommo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Steady Aim
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 08 May 20 08:11 BST (UK) »
I’m in Central West NSW, and have recovered from the virus, which I picked up during a grocery run to WAGGA.

You have her dying in 1882, but she is still alive in 1891 census living with father and also Hannah Frazer in Salmon Street, S/S.

I don’t have anyone dying in 1882.

The death of Robert Walsh Aynsley in 1942 would be the son, who was born in 1879

Yes, that is why his death is under his birth.

Have you got a copy of the probate? I wonder if it is a transcription error and he actually died in Brazil. From FamilySearch: Durham, Brazil, United Kingdom

I see no UK death registration for him.

Robert and Margaret’s marriage: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QGV8-7WPR

Jamjar
Sorry Jamjar as you had Death, then underneath Robert Walshs death, then underneath that was Sarah Ann, I just looked at and assumed it was her death in the same year. I am having problems with my mobile phone and was talking to their help line at the same time and as being male I can only do one job at a time!!!!
I haven't got a copy of the probate, the details are on Family Search and yes no sign of his death in the UK. I looked at the transcript and wondered why Brazil was mentioned, my next job is to get a copy of the probate.

Offline PaulThommo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Steady Aim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 08 May 20 08:12 BST (UK) »
Second Row of photographs.

Salmon Street

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/south-shields/salmon-street/
Thanks Barry, one to put on my list of places to visit on my next trip to the UK (whenever that may be). Thanks Paul