Author Topic: Wales to ease Lockdown rules  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Fisherman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Wales to ease Lockdown rules
« on: Friday 08 May 20 12:55 BST (UK) »
Just announced by Mark Drakeford
From Monday people LIVING in Wales will be allowed to exercise outside more than once a day.
Councils will look at plans to re-open libraries and recycling centres.
Some garden centres will be allowed to open.
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Fisherman
Sockett in Shropshire, Montgomeryshire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Glamorgan and probably the rest of the UK
Corbet/t in Shropshire, Norfolk, Worcestershire
Gambold in South West Wales, USA, Australia
Baylis/s in Gloucestershire, South Wales
Richards in Breconshire
Manthorpe in Shropshire, Norfolk, Cheshire, Suffolk

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Re: Wales to ease Lockdown rules
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 May 20 14:07 BST (UK) »
It will encourage more idiots into Wales ! Just read that yesterday, a few miles from us,  police stopped some people travelling from to Ireland from Hampshire.
Don`t they realise how it`s (cv 19)spread.

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 May 20 19:55 BST (UK) »
Whilst this matter is  devolved, I just wish that Drakeford, Sturgeon, Johnson and Foster would get together, discuss the matter of relaxing the rules, thrash out any problems, banging their heads together if necessary, come up with a plan upon which they all agree and appear together to make the announcement.
It's no good trying to make political statements and the devolved nations leaders attempting to appear to be standing up to Westminster. People's lives are at stake and that is not a matter for political point scoring. The U.K. needs to be just that - United.
The alterations are, really, neither here nor there. Exercise more than once a day, provided it is local. Who was counting in the first place?. Certainly not the police, because I haven't seen a real Police Officer or PCSO around here since Adam was a lad.
The relaxation of the rules in Wales applies to people resident in Wales only so there is no reason/excuse for people to flood across the border.
I'm not a garden centre person so that doesn't really matter to me, but I recognise it does to others.
I'm waiting to go fishing again, I don't half miss it.
Cymru Am Byth.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 May 20 21:36 BST (UK) »
The British government has been a shambles on this from the very start, check the Cheltenham Festival & the latest scandal with Prof Ferguson, they were too busy pointing out the faults of Johnnie Foreigner & where did that get them? Britain was worse! The latest shambles is the English tabloids front pages on lifting the lock-down. This is not a United Kingdom as the Brexit fiasco demonstrated.

Skoosh.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 May 20 22:03 BST (UK) »
I think that Johnson's announcement Sunday will be very similar and anyone who has believed the tabloids is going to be disappointed. Looking at the headlines in those papers they made it sound as if he was going to lift the restrictions completely. Very irresponsible.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 May 20 22:33 BST (UK) »
I saw somewhere that Carmarthenshire had no new cases yesterday, not sure how true that is! But there will  be more if people continue to act irresponsibly

"All" of the UK should be following the same rules regarding people`s health. As Skoosh said shambles from start to finish, what a fiasco ! I wonder how many who were present at Cheltenham fell ill, plus I can`t really understand why travellers returning from Italy back in March weren`t quarantined immediately, 2 weeks in isolation is nothing compared to the lives that have been lost.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 09 May 20 13:58 BST (UK) »
I think that Johnson's announcement Sunday will be very similar and anyone who has believed the tabloids is going to be disappointed. Looking at the headlines in those papers they made it sound as if he was going to lift the restrictions completely. Very irresponsible.

And the government was accused of giving mixed messages! They hadn't said anything at that point, apart from there would be an announcement on Sunday. The "mixed messages" were all coming from the different newspapers. 

We certainly should have quarantined people coming into UK from the virus hotspots even as early as late February. Many countries did. Instead they were advised to self-isolate. And we know how many people take any notice of government "advice". You only have to look at figures on numbers of fines for lockdown breaches - and they're only the ones caught.
Even using the words "advice" and "guidelines" makes some people think it's optional.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 09 May 20 18:58 BST (UK) »
#2  -  The leaders of the three devolved Governments and the Westminster Government have been consulting on a way out of lockdown. All have been involved in Cobra meetings.

I think the biggest problem is that Scotland is approximately 2 weeks behind the other Nations of the United Kingdom with this virus. Rightly so Nicola Sturgeon is doing what she thinks is in the best interests of Scotland and will not be pressurised by anyone into making decisions that will be detrimental to the Scottish Nation.

Obviously, we need all four Governments which make up the UK to do the same thing at the same time but that means waiting until each one reaches the same level of infections, deaths etc.

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 09 May 20 19:32 BST (UK) »

And from the end of this month.....some 22 days away, all people coming into the UK will be requested to self quarantine for 2 weeks.....bit late now Boris old thing .
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins