Author Topic: Wales to ease Lockdown rules  (Read 3268 times)

Online Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wales to ease Lockdown rules
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 10 May 20 14:10 BST (UK) »
I'm sure we could all post photos from all over the country showing people breaking guidance yesterday , so "Yes we should all copy the Welsh example" could apply anywhere.

And that underlines the point that the pronouncements of the past few days coupled with the hype attached to the VE Day celebrations deliberately encouraged people to break the lockdown throughout the country.  And the BBC aided and abetted the breaking of the law by running jolly heart-warming stories of crowds of people forgetting to socially distance whilst singing "We'll meet again" which could well be in the Covid ward of a crowded hospital.   
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 10 May 20 15:23 BST (UK) »
Would these tests show if you are a carrier?

Viennaairport - PCR Tests
https://www.viennaairport.com/pcrtest

Vienna Airport now offers passengers the possibility to undergo molecular-biological COVID-19 testing (PCR test) at the airport. The test findings are available within a period of about three hours.

In contrast to antibody tests, PCR tests are designed to verify the existence of a COVID-19 infection. The results are only valid for the present time. For this reason, the possibility of coming down with the virus at a later time cannot be excluded.

And what do you do if you discover that you are?

Viennaairport - PCR Tests
https://www.viennaairport.com/pcrtest

If the test findings are positive, the tested persons are promptly notified by phone by Confidence DNA Analysen GmbH. In addition, the positive test results have to be reported to public authorities in line with existing regulations.

Presumably the Austria authorities already have guidelines in place for those who test positive, and they would probably also apply to anyone who took the test at the airport.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 10 May 20 15:45 BST (UK) »
Germany relaxed some lockdown measures last week and their R number has started to creep up. Just above 1. RKI report for 9 may

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/2020-05-09-en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile
 on page 6.

Germany's first deaths (2 in North Rhine-Westphalia) were recorded on 9 march - just two calendar months ago.

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/2020-03-09-en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Also reports of South Korea seeing a spike after some relaxation.

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 15 May 20 20:08 BST (UK) »
Today, Mark Drakeford announced the Senedd "roadmap" for ending "lockdown" in Wales. It is a "traffic light" system, i.e. red, amber and green with different parts of "lockdown" being lifted, if circumstances allow, within those boundaries. It has already started with very minor changes in the red zone. However, there is no time-line for other changes and the "lockdown" may last for years.
 Really?. Can we be trusted with some freedom or does Mr Drakeford think otherwise?. We have to be allowed to make decisions for ourselves, e.g. do we go here?, do we go there?, do we do this, that or whatever?. The majority of people are not stupid and are able to accept personal responsibility, if given the opportunity.  I appreciate there are idiots around who will take advantage of any relaxation but they are around anyway e.g. those trying to drive into Wales from England to visit their favourite areas, or other spurious reasons.
I know that any time-line will come with caveats in respect of public safety and cannot be set in stone but I would much prefer to be given a month, or other period, in which relaxation could take place and be disappointed that it couldn't, rather than it may or may not happen at some unknown point in the future. It's not much to look forward to.
I could not help feeling when he was making his announcement today that we were being told the Headteacher knows best.
Cymru Am Byth.
 :)

Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 15 May 20 20:44 BST (UK) »
https://www.welshmountainzoo.org/

No zoos in South Wales, as far as this man is concerned Wales stops at Aberystwyth. 
Feel free to donate. 
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Online Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 16 May 20 23:08 BST (UK) »
Well, I for one feel really grateful to live in Wales where our government cares about us, rather than trying to force little children back into school on 1st June.  I suppose this weekend we're going to be inundated with English tourists who shouldn't be here, wanting to go to their holiday homes and claiming that's a reason for essential travel.  But even in England they are not allowed to travel to their second homes (unless of course you're a member of the government, or a government adviser,  or the father of the PM, in which case it seems you can go wherever you want)

For those who say that 'not many' children get coronavirus, here's a tragic story which gives the lie to that claim.  I can't begin to imagine the grief of that poor little mite's parents.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/baby-dies-coronavirus-related-kawasaki-22039416?fbclid=IwAR2h5-jp-CZu1XDSqQUsP7Hz1RlGzbkEY5K0eLGp6vIuHcApPv03mxMEKDg
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 16 May 20 23:45 BST (UK) »
Mark Drayford was the first subject of a series which began this evening on Radio 4. Interviews of politicians with a personal slant. I think interviewer is Nick Robinson. I've heard previous series.
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 16 May 20 23:52 BST (UK) »

I think the biggest problem is that Scotland is approximately 2 weeks behind the other Nations of the United Kingdom with this virus. Rightly so Nicola Sturgeon is doing what she thinks is in the best interests of Scotland and will not be pressurised by anyone into making decisions that will be detrimental to the Scottish Nation.

The virus is at a different stage in the north of England too. London is out of step with most of UK.

Moderator Comment: Topic pruned and locked as it grew arms and legs and went off in all sorts of directions. :)
Cowban