Author Topic: Adoption in Belper?  (Read 431 times)

Offline tinkerbell5

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Adoption in Belper?
« on: Saturday 09 May 20 12:33 BST (UK) »
I've found a potential birth record in Belper for a relative who was adopted (I have the adoption certificate), and wondered if anyone could help me to verify this. I've searched for a marriage between the maiden name that is given and the surname of the child but I have not been able to find a match.

Although the relative who was adopted has passed away, the potential birth record I have found is for 1937, so it is possible that if it is a different person, they may still be alive as I have been unable to find a death record.

How can I go about this without breaching the privacy of someone who may be living?

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Adoption in Belper?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 May 20 15:57 BST (UK) »
Why was the child adopted?  If it was illegitimate then mmn is usually the same on the birth reg.  if the birth was registered in the fathers surname the mmn will be different. 

Can you pm me just in case it is the wrong birth

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline tinkerbell5

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adoption in Belper?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 May 20 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thank you. Unsure why he was adopted, I've looked at the potential births with the same maiden name as birth registration but they don't seem to be him as I've found further records for those people.

I've dropped you a PM :)