Author Topic: Nursing homes / hospitals 1939  (Read 292 times)

Offline moiramount

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Nursing homes / hospitals 1939
« on: Sunday 10 May 20 15:31 BST (UK) »
Hi could anyone tell me if there was a nursing home of some kind called Cookes  or something similar around the Goole area.

Moira
mounts/kent
rice/boteler-west ham essex
grigor/sutherland/davidson-scotland
widdowson-derbyshire/yorkshire

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nursing homes / hospitals 1939
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 May 20 16:08 BST (UK) »
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nursing homes / hospitals 1939
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 May 20 16:11 BST (UK) »
Before we get too far with this, can you give us a bit of background, please? You've been asking about a nursing home in London/Middlesex and Shropshire, and now Yorkshire, and from what I can see, all are about the same person.

If so, you've provided some photos in the London thread at https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=830604.0

That thread also includes a name, so can you confirm to us that this is the person you're still looking for? And if so, does the 1939 register entry in Ilkley seem correct?

(There's also someone with a similar name connected with a children's hospital in Hornsea, East Riding of Yorkshire.)
(sorry - got mixed up with married and maiden names as given on the other thread)

I appreciate that you're still looking for the location, but it might help us to know the reasons why you have picked these particular places.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk